Postcrossing coincidences: What are the odds?

What a nice coincidence. That dog looks like our old dog Loana. She died 2014.
Loana, genannt Mäuselchen

4 Likes

What a beautiful girl! :black_heart: She looks like she had especially soft ears. :relaxed:

1 Like

Yes, she was very soft and a good and kind soul. We’ve got her from the animal shelter. She and her buddy Snoepje were old guys, both lost their owners in the same month and nobody wanted them. As they grew so close to each other in the shelter, we took them both.
This is her buddy:
Unser FĂźchschen/ Our little fox

They both died in the same month. After Snoepje went first, Loana lost every energy. Now they are in a better world, I hope.

10 Likes

This is my latest coincidence; I drew an address and I checked her received cards to avoid duplicates and then her favourites and there was one of my cards! She had favoured my card and I think it was the first time it happened, to draw an address to someone favoured my card :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Unfortunately I didn’t have a copy of that card anymore, but I had one of her another Finnish favourites.

So if you’re a female postcrosser and have sometimes clicked my sent card as your favourite, you might receive my card at any time, because it’s still traveling :wink:

9 Likes

I got a “jumpscare” once when years and years ago I received a card from an (elderly) lady from the UK and she had similar hand-writing as my mum. :sweat_smile: For a heartbeat I was a bit confused. :smiley:

6 Likes

Some like that happened to me too.

I once received a card from a male: Same handwriting, same name, same occupation and same location as my brother in law. At first I thought that S. wanted to fool me, but no, it was a totally different person. While I was telling this to my husband I drew an address: In the town (not very big and only a hand full of postcrossers) where my husband comes from and it was the wife of a former classmate of … S., my brother in law :rofl: Too much confusion for one evening ^^

11 Likes

I recently had someone write me who had just sent a postcard to another Postcrosser a block away from me!

2 Likes

A bonded pair! :revolving_hearts: Much love to you for taking them both and keeping them together. Their lives had a happy ending thanks to you!

2 Likes

Today I received 5 cards.
3 with cats and 2 with rodents :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

A while back, I exchanged with a forum member in another country with our same last name. Today, we received an official from someone else in another country with our last name! And this was just this user’s second official card sent. I’m sure they were amused when they saw the Beaver surname on our address! :smiley:

6 Likes

After I joined Postcrossing, the second card I posted was a still from the 1993 black-and-white movie King Kong, showing King Kong clinging to the Empire State Building. It went to a recipient in Germany. Over a month went by, and - being a very eager newbie - I messaged the recipient to ask if maybe it had arrived yet. She replied “no”, then offered to register it anyway so that I’d have another slot available to me. After a few more days went by, I accepted. Then I took a peek at her wall and discovered that in the meantime, she had received the exact same card from a Postcrossing member in Czechia!

The interesting thing is that I originally found my King Kong postcard among a pile of other vintage cards in a charity shop, so I think it’s somewhat uncommon. I sent mine on 4-Nov-2019 and the other sender sent hers on 5-Nov-2019.What are the odds that the same recipient in Germany would be sent the same unusual card one day apart?

Anyway, I felt better knowing that at least she received one copy of the postcard, even if it wasn’t from me :laughing:

KingKong

8 Likes

I know it’s not a coincidence to receive many German postcards, but today I received 4 cards from Germany and each one of them had the same stamp! I was a bit amused when I read and turned around the cards one by one and always found the stamp! :laughing:

26 Likes

My mom and I like to write postcards together. We each have our own postcrossing accounts. Today, we drew the same profile within minutes of each other. The ID’s are not consecutive. My mom said, “This card is going to Japan!”. A minute later, I said,”Did you say your card is going to Japan? What’s their name?.” And it was the same person!

14 Likes

Yesterday I made a quick stop at a flea market, and found a cute card, and thought to buy it because I can keep it for myself. And now I took an address, looked her favourites, and there was this exact card, sent from Finland :smiley:.This card is also so old, I haven’t seen it before, so this is such weird situation. And I am really happy now that I bought it, but almost don’t want to send it this soon :grin:

20 Likes

Since starting of my Postcrossing journey, number of received and sent Postcard never equated in my account, but today on 27.10.21 after hurray message for IN-441747, all three equated together i.e. numbers of sent and received postcards as well as date itself. And as if this was not enough, I earned my first badge (WPD) with this hurray message. But an Instagram notification turned to be a cherry on the cake : Official Instagram Account of Postcrossing mentioned me in their story. :love_letter:

The Joy : Hurrrrray Message (IN-441747)

Joy Doubled : Tallied Received & Sent (27)

Joy Tripled : Tallied Received & Sent with Date (27)

Joy Quadrupled : Earned First Badge (WPD)

Endless Joy : Instagram story featured on official Instagram Account of Postcrossing. (64,000,000 Postcards) :love_letter:

Members are requested to share their special moments of Postcrossing Joy.

8 Likes

Getting two cards from Canada in a short time is already a great coincidence, normally it takes months in between. Plus these two both show Native Art, different styles and from different parts of canada, but both expressive. I like them both :smiley:

11 Likes

Today I received this card

It reminds me of discussion in below thread

2 Likes

Yesterday I got two cards from Germany both signed with the same name (but different accounts) and both are from Hamburg. The handwriting is different so I think it is two different people.

And several years ago I got a card from a girl in Moscow who earlier used to live in my city (Yekaterinburg) in the neighbouring condo!

9 Likes

I bought a couple of weeks ago two sets of James Bond cards and they finally arrived today. I draw an address after that and the user mentioned on their profile that their favourite movies are the Bond movies. I was thrilled that I could use one of the cards immediately! :grin:

15 Likes

Today is a short-cut palindrome day 12-11-21. And I get to send to a town with a palindrome as postal code. Maybe I should use these numbers for my lottery ticket :money_mouth_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :game_die:

13 Likes