Postcrossing coincidences: What are the odds?

I know it’s not a coincidence to receive many German postcards, but today I received 4 cards from Germany and each one of them had the same stamp! I was a bit amused when I read and turned around the cards one by one and always found the stamp! :laughing:

26 Likes

My mom and I like to write postcards together. We each have our own postcrossing accounts. Today, we drew the same profile within minutes of each other. The ID’s are not consecutive. My mom said, “This card is going to Japan!”. A minute later, I said,”Did you say your card is going to Japan? What’s their name?.” And it was the same person!

14 Likes

Yesterday I made a quick stop at a flea market, and found a cute card, and thought to buy it because I can keep it for myself. And now I took an address, looked her favourites, and there was this exact card, sent from Finland :smiley:.This card is also so old, I haven’t seen it before, so this is such weird situation. And I am really happy now that I bought it, but almost don’t want to send it this soon :grin:

20 Likes

Since starting of my Postcrossing journey, number of received and sent Postcard never equated in my account, but today on 27.10.21 after hurray message for IN-441747, all three equated together i.e. numbers of sent and received postcards as well as date itself. And as if this was not enough, I earned my first badge (WPD) with this hurray message. But an Instagram notification turned to be a cherry on the cake : Official Instagram Account of Postcrossing mentioned me in their story. :love_letter:

The Joy : Hurrrrray Message (IN-441747)

Joy Doubled : Tallied Received & Sent (27)

Joy Tripled : Tallied Received & Sent with Date (27)

Joy Quadrupled : Earned First Badge (WPD)

Endless Joy : Instagram story featured on official Instagram Account of Postcrossing. (64,000,000 Postcards) :love_letter:

Members are requested to share their special moments of Postcrossing Joy.

8 Likes

Getting two cards from Canada in a short time is already a great coincidence, normally it takes months in between. Plus these two both show Native Art, different styles and from different parts of canada, but both expressive. I like them both :smiley:

11 Likes

Today I received this card

It reminds me of discussion in below thread

2 Likes

Yesterday I got two cards from Germany both signed with the same name (but different accounts) and both are from Hamburg. The handwriting is different so I think it is two different people.

And several years ago I got a card from a girl in Moscow who earlier used to live in my city (Yekaterinburg) in the neighbouring condo!

9 Likes

I bought a couple of weeks ago two sets of James Bond cards and they finally arrived today. I draw an address after that and the user mentioned on their profile that their favourite movies are the Bond movies. I was thrilled that I could use one of the cards immediately! :grin:

15 Likes

Today is a short-cut palindrome day 12-11-21. And I get to send to a town with a palindrome as postal code. Maybe I should use these numbers for my lottery ticket :money_mouth_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :game_die:

13 Likes

Someone in Czech Republic soon will be receiving 2 cards with consecutive ID’s from our home- one from me, another from my son :upside_down_face: That was fun!

6 Likes

:love_letter: 64264264 :love_letter:

8 Likes

I’ve got 2 postcards today. Both from Finland, both with a stamp of the same series (puppies, one Labrador, the other Dachshund, I believe), one via a round robin and one official, from 2 different ladies. But then now the coincidence: these 2 ladies were at the same Halloween Meetup where they signed lots of cards. The one lady has her name written on both cards, the other (like all the other participants) on only one. So, they must have formed minimum 2 groups and somehow one was able to sign the cards of the other group too :smiley:

13 Likes

@Shalottslady
interesting coincidence, but it isn’t allowed to make the back of cards public. Therefore I flagged your post and asked an admin to delete the pictures.

Thanks, @Bille, I’ve deleted the 2nd picture already. No everything’s all right.

1 Like

Everyone can see it in the editing history and therefore an admin has to delete it :slightly_smiling_face:

Why would it be an issue when there was no address? It is understandable that address shouldn’t be shared but why not the text?

Because you don’t know if the sender agrees that it is made public what they wrote.
And because you agree to the Postcrossing Community Guidelines when you joined Postcrossing
Keep private information private. The addresses given to you are private information and can only be used for Postcrossing purposes. Do not share them with anyone or make them public on the internet. This also applies to what is written on the postcards you have received, so please do not scan it.

4 Likes

Many postcrossers have received postcards with 2 or even 3 consecutive ID numbers. But I have received 6 :flushed:

28 Likes

A couple days ago I got pinged in my local neighbourhood Facebook group by someone I’ve never met – they got my mail so they reached out to me once they figured out who I was. Turns out they’re also a Postcrosser! They were trying to enter in the ID on my card and it wasn’t working, lol! We are going to meet up soon so I can collect my card. My town is super small so the chances of finding another Postcrosser in the wild is really rare!

16 Likes

The first Chilean card arrived after travelling 39 days in economy class and the second was registered yesterday after travelling 121 days in priority class. :chile: :sweat_smile: Somehow you’d think it is the other way around.

9 Likes