Postcrossers are the best!

I just want to say a big thank you to the forum members who occasionally send postcards to my daughters, M1 and M2. Even taking the time to find their interests and write simple messages to them. They have been overjoyed to receive the occasional postcard just for them! This is a most wonderful group of people.

Anyone else have reasons why postcrossers are the best?

15 Likes

I have 2 kids myself and refer to them as M1 and M2 generally, as both their names start with the same letter. I think it’s neat there are other families with an M1 and an M2 :heart:

I joined Postcrossing because it seemed everyone I knew, in person, on social media, everywhere, was angry and people were very mean to each other. Covid has been very divisive, at least among my social circle. I grew very tired of it and decided to just take a break from them all….but I found myself feeling very isolated and lonely. It’s not that I don’t like talking to people…I just don’t want to argue anymore. It’s exhausting.

I have been a longtime reader of a blog run by someone who uses Postcrossing so I thought I might try it out. She was always so enthusiastic about it. And it’s a breath of fresh air to talk to people who are pleasant and welcoming and easygoing and who are happy to just chat about where to find the prettiest stamps. It’s a way to engage with the world positively.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

11 Likes

I hunted a postcard in Scavenger Hunt Offer Tag and asked to send it to my friend. It was a postcard with Slytherin and fellow forum user did it - sent it to her. It made her day!
I’m still grateful when I think about it.

3 Likes

I am a serious stamps, coins and banknotes collector. Friends here helped with some great materials which helped me to win National and international events. And I also had a chance to help some friends here with Indian stuffs. I love postcrossing and postcrossers.

Most of the materials in this prize winning exhibit are from postcrossers. I am always grateful to them.

2 Likes