Postcards with wax seals (USA)

For USA members:
Has anyone ever sent a postcard with a wax seal stamp on it? Is that allowed with USPS?
Did you use a postcard stamp (40¢) or a regular forever stamp (58¢)?

2 Likes

I’ve sent envelopes with a wax seal internationally and domestically using the regular postage without any problems

1 Like

I got one not to long ago from overseas

Yeah on envelopes they’re good to go! Just was wondering if they can be on postcards alone or if it’d be processed differently. If no one knows, I’ll just ask my local post office next week

They’re so lovely!l

In germany no Problem zo send it International

1 Like

I’ve seen creative people on YouTube sent and receive postcards with wax seals on them, so I think it should be okay?

I’m moving this topic to the #communities:north-america section, since it’s more relevant to the members in that area. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah thank you! That should be more helpful! :slight_smile:

I think it would be fine. Envelopes and postcards are processed by the same machinery. Many of us have sent postcards with puffy stickers and they make it through alright for the most part. The wax might get a little damaged but it will likely make it.

1 Like

@AccentOnHakes Thank you so much for your response! I will try it out. I’ll use a forever stamp since the max. thickness is larger for first class mail

I received a postcard without an envelope from Taiwan