Postcards to and from China

I’ve sent cards to china. Only one got expired, and that has been travelling for “only” 80+ days. That person haven’t been online for over 2 months now so I doubt that will be registered. It usually takes about 50-60 days to China during the pandemic. I would say the most gets registered, but it takes time for them to arrive. Your seem to have travelled for a longer time though…

China is not on the current list of service suspensions: https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm

5 Likes

In the big city in China is quick(Shanghai Beijing GZ Shenzhen)But in other city it is slow and sometimes even steal our cards

Sometimes does but sometimes no
Last time I received a card from Canada Eritrea in Chinese but took 60 days
However,today I received a card written in English but only took 9 days to arrive.
It more depends on to send to which part of China and the efficiency of the post from the countries that sent from!

I have sent 2 postcards to China lately. One arrived in 37 days. The second one has been travelling for 130 days now. I keep hoping it will arrive one day.

My first card to China traveled 64 days. Next one is traveling 25 days now and I don’t know when it arrives.

I have 5 cards travelling from Germany to China. They are travelling for 129, 141, 223, 226 and 244 days now.

This year 5 of my cards to China were registered so far and they took 134, 71, 60, 47 and 25 days.

All cards have been sent by air mail and have an air mail sticker.

So for me the Chinese post is extremely slow and not very reliable.

Most of my cards to China travel fast these days!
Try printing the address in Chinese or writing it in Chinese if you know the rules of writing the hieroglyphics.

3 Likes

My traveling cards to China are currently at 202, 112, 30, 30, 26, 9 and 6 days.

The cards I sent this year which have already arrived took 25, 26 and 30 days. Pretty consistent, really, but it is a small sample.

My postcard to China just arrived after 47 days!! :hugs:

1 Like

My postcards from philippines to china arrives in less than 2 months

My mentioned above second card to China is received today, hurra! 26 days.

1 Like

In 2021 I sent to China in 27, 18, 15, 66, 30, 28, 22, 14 and 25 days. My still traveling cards are at 50, 42, 19 and 16 days. So anything can happen, really. :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe the mail is just slow going from the US, but it’s taken almost two months to get to China and another to Taiwan. Are people seeing the same thing? Just wanted to make sure they didn’t get lost XD. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m interested to see as well; I just sent my first card to Taiwan yesterday.

1 Like

l am in china.l think it’s a bite slow.it should take 1 month(the longest)to receive it.

1 Like

This topic appears frequently and has been discussed at length.

Mail from North America does indeed reach China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc. Generally, it takes a few weeks to a few months to arrive, but as long as the address and postage are correct, your mail will most likely arrive. It just requires patience.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve had cards regularly take 4 to 6 weeks to China & I’d say 3 to 4 with Taiwan, occasionally longer - in the last year.

3 Likes

I live in a huge city in China,The cards from USA arrive from 15-30 days😊

4 Likes

Hmm interesting. I know most people are saying a month so I’m surprised mine are almost at the two month mark. I hope they didn’t get lost!