Postcards to and from China

@mere5oh, that was the first thing I did and I always do. I look at their profiles. The one whom my card travels 330+ days now,is active yet, she didn’t reply.

@PinkNoodle yes I printed the addresses in Chinese… Yet nothing so far…

China has indeed many wonderful postcrossers, so to be honest I don’t want to decline any offer from there, it’s just a pity for them to not receive

3 Likes

I have a card that is actually coming from China to me in the United States that has expired. The sender reached out to me twice, and I hate having to reply that the card is still in transit. I have faith in the postal system that the card will eventually arrive! Like another member mentioned, most of my cards that are never registered are due to ghostcrossers.

Actually, last night one card from me in Germany to China got registered in just 16 days. What a pleasant surprise! I don’t remember quite well, I know I printed out one Chinese address some time ago, but I think that was on the forum. So this one must have been in Latin script!

1 Like

I have sent one card to China before summer and it was on the way more than 100 days. I have thought it got lost…

I don’t know how you all did it, but you must have sent positive energy to the card. It finally arrived after 333 days. A record for me :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I think the cause of such slow is because of the COVID-19,everything get slow in 2020.

1 Like

I usually have no problems sending to China, since I’m in Asia.

However, a recent postcard did take 81 days to arrive (I gave up and thought it was lost forever). I also have 2 expired cards (106 days and 114 days) - those are probably lost already.

On the contrary, I also had a postcard arrive in China just 19 days later.

I believe the other postcard to China, will not get registered… The user has 3 months to be online. Ok I get this one, it will probably end. But at least I am happy that the other one arrived

1 Like

Even though I use the address in Chinese provided by the postcrosser, my cards always seem to take 1-2 months to arrive. When cards are sent to me they are taking way over 2 months. I got one last week that took almost 4 months to arrive to me. I also notice the super slower ones are being sent via Surface Mail (slowest and cheapest) and the Surface Mail stamp is on the card. Here in my country we can only send via Air Mail and do not have surface mail as an option. I personally wouldn’t send mail by boat as it takes way to long. My first expired card ever just popped up and it is to China. Oddly enough I have several private swaps to Macau and those only take 18 days to arrive to me!

Question: Is delivery to China sped up if the address is written in Chinese characters rather than English?

I’m sorry to hear from you. I just received a batch of postcards. Some of them were from Spain, Portugal and Holland. I haven’t received any postcards from Greece, so I can’t provide you with more detailed help. However, as far as I know, all the routes in China are normal, and under the threat of snow in winter, they will arrive later than usual. Please don’t be discouraged, maybe they are still looking forward to going home on the journey. But perhaps the journey is more precious than that, since it takes so long to reach you

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes I wonder why they are all in China. It takes 45 days to send from mainland China to Taiwan. Perhaps Macao and Taiwan are closer to the sea, and more smooth with overseas logistics

In fact, it will speed up the arrival time, because the address written in Chinese can be translated into Chinese without having to be assigned to the staff specialized in translating the English address, which is indeed more convenient for the delivery within China.

3 Likes

I don’t have problem with sent cards to China.
I do have problem with receiving cards from China.
Since I came back to forum in June I have 5 tags from China, only one card arrived.

I also have similar experience. I had two addresses from China, unfortunately the first card was expired one year ago and the second one was about to expire (it has been 49 days). What’s more strange is that one of them was supposed to be sent to Guangdong, where is very close to Hong Kong. Even if I wrote the addresses in Chinese (Traditional, which I know could be a little bit hard for somebody from China to read, but I also know that many of them can understand traditional Chinese), the mails just didn’t get to there. I don’t know if it’s because of the pandemic or the political issues (But it’s still strange to me: I don’t send envelops to China, instead I only send the cards without anything political, so I think they’ll see the content).

Update: the Guangdong one has just been registered by the receiver. It took 64 days to do so. So I assume if you send a postcard to China, just wait patiently as the delivery seems to be a bit delayed.

These days I have already received 2 cards from Greece?

1 Like

@topazann, I don’t live in the USA though.
Thank you all for your answers. Chinese users do get postcards from me or any other Greek,it just takes a long time. Sometimes it takes even more than a year…

Yes I have sent 3 to China this week there addresses are really longggg.

1 Like

I live in the YSA and have not read or heard that the UsPS isn’t processing mail to China… I have one that has been travelling over 20 days and I expect it to take awhile. Mail sent from my area is extremely slow compared to other areas near me

1 Like

I just sent them so hopefully they are received