Postcards that you can't register (traveling for over one year)

I just received a card sent two years ago! My longest travelling card to date. As it was sent pre-covid, the reason for the delay is a real mystery. I managed to find the sender, so at least I could thank them, even though the card could not be registered.

12 Likes

Please, tell me your story, postcard, please!
Tell me where you spent the last four years, before continuing traveling as if nothing happened to my private mailbox!

You started your journey in the city of Kazan on the Volga when a lady Postcrosser fetched the ID. The world was going round, this Friday November 11th, 2017. A Postcrosser of the Republic of Tatarstan in Russia wanted to reactivate her account. She had stopped asking for IDs in April 2017. Now, in November she asked for an ID, and… My imagination strolls away… Tell me your story, please, postcard!

When was my address added, when the text nicely formulated? The mystery continues with this beautiful golden stamp picturing the Kazan Kremlin. It has been issued in 2019. Next to it is a nice sticker saying “Thank you, Postman!” in Russian. Postcard, where did you spend two years, three years, four years?

Then the postmark is added, clearly readable, it shows: 08 01 22 and the postcode 420304, i.e. Stolbishe, Laishevsky District, Republic of Tatarstan, Russian Federation. Where did you hide all this time, Postcard?

And the lady Postcrosser? She has last been “Seen over 4 years ago”.

YOUR STORY, POSTCARD !

17 Likes

I am so greatfull the cards finaly drops into limbo after 365 days. Scars can recover!
We get permission to always forget those.
I don’t keep lists of those.

Now I try to keep the box unchecked in Travelling expired so I do not see expired cardslist.

And I wonder why I check travelling cards…
Once sent → email deleted → see if a Hurray get into the emailinbox later.

3 Likes

I think the time duration by which 99.9% ( or even 99.99%) of the cards get registered would be a fair limit. I guess that duration would be far below the current 1-year limit.

2 Likes

Yesterday I received a postcard from China but I couldn’t register it because it was sent over a year ago and the postcard has already been dropped from the system. What a shame. Luckily I found out who sent it and sent her a thank you message as a private message. I haven’t received a single postcard from China since January until yesterday.

3 Likes