Postcards from China to Brazil require CPF / CNPJ?

I hope you can success, although 中国邮政 maybe accept a foreigner’s suggestion difficultly.

2 Likes

We are trying solving the problem by using CPF generator and applying CPF

4 Likes

Yes, but China Post may hardly accept a suggestion by a foreigner. You can write to me forst and I can translate it to Simplified Chinese before I send it to China Post and State Post Bureau and Ministry of Transportation, PRC.

2 Likes

And I’m trying to send mail with forward service by writing “VIA HONG KONG SAR” or “VIA SINGAPORE” at the bottom of the address of receipients. Then China Post will send mail to Hong Kong or Singapore first and the further process will be handed to Hongkong Post or Singapore Post.

1 Like

If you need an address for China Post, it’s
No. 3A, Financial Street, Xicheng District, 100808, BEIJING, P.R.CHINA

2 Likes

Danken~ It’s a very useful tool for us.

1 Like

I will try and say you outcome.

2 Likes

Not very complex. In Tianjin, I usually send postcard by putting them into the postbox outside the post office, and staffs can input information of ways to send (Airmail or Surface mail), countries of destination. They types fast. so they can process quickly that almost 30 seconds to finish the input of an overseas mail.

3 Likes

Post Office clerk have to fill it in system, normally customer just leave it and go.

3 Likes

And I just back from Amoy a couple of weeks ago. I hand in almost 40 postcards of home and abroad to the staffs of Kulangsu Post Office (On the Kulangsu Island of Siming, Xiamen) and they’re very welcome. No Brazilian postcards inside, and no physical forms need to be filled out there.

And I just leave the post office and contiune my journey of Amoy.

1 Like

Are only the country of destination and the shipping method registered?

1 Like

Yes, also the payment have to be selected by clerk

1 Like

Yes. According to Donald, the payment method should be recorded and there are 2 ways for you to choose: Stamps and Postage Prepaid Seals.

And the postage prepaid seals are only available in some larger post offices. I know there are sealing machines at Jiefang North Road Post Office in Hexi, Tianjin and Xiamen University Post Office in Siming, Amoy.

1 Like

The requirement of providing the receivers CPF to send a non-registered single postcard to Brazil doesn’t make sense as I think everyone agrees. We are not aware of any other country implementing this requirement to send letter post items to Brazil; so, as far as we know, this is only happening in China.

My guess is that there’s a misunderstanding by China Post about the CPF requirement which applies to only to sending goods (parcels) to Brazil — this should not apply to letter post items (e.g. postcards) via unregistered mail. Perhaps their system was misconfigured and now postal employees are required to do it, but I very much doubt that that is really necessary.

Please note that sending multiple postcards inside an envelope may count as sending goods which may have other rules — the above is only about sending postcards/letters (what post offices usually call “documents”).

11 Likes

I’ve been receiving postcards and envelopes from China and any other country without the need to provide my CPF number. Brazilian postal service only requires CPF for parcels, so they can collect the due taxes from the receiver. Maybe there’s a misinterpretation of the Chinese postal service. Anyway, the CPF is a personal identification document and I would not feel comfortable informing it together with my address in Postcrossing without there being a real need.

2 Likes

As you can see, the CPF number is required by the Brazilian postal service in case of receiving packages.

The rest of the Brazilian postal service website is in Portuguese, so it doesn’t make sense to put the link here. But that was the most accurate information I found about the CPF requirement.

Could this problem have something to do with the shipping method you chose? Because this information is on the China Post EMS website as you said, and I believe that, at least in Brazil, EMS is a type of shipment used for goods and not for postcards or letters, which are considered documents.

Edit. I’ve sent an e-mail to the postal service and another one to Brazilian customs asking specifically about shipping from China to Brazil. As soon as I have an answer, I’ll come back here with updates.

3 Likes

Hi Paulo,
Thanks for your reply. I would like to know that how to send a postcard to Brazilian users on postcrossing now. If I can’t provide tax number to the staff of China post, they can’t click the acceptance button to post my postcard oversea.

1 Like

They added verification of CPF number for all sending methods including postcard and letter, the picture shows it(on the top)

1 Like

From the picture you can see even clerk selected the postcard, they have to enter CPF number too.

1 Like

Yes, but it seems that only the postal service in China is asking for the CPF number to send postcards and letters and this started recently, because I have received postcards from China over the years, including this month, without problems. Brazilian customs began to require that PARCELS be sent to the country with the CPF numbers since 2020 and there was never such a requirement for postcards and letters.
People from other countries also don’t seem to be experiencing this problem when sending postcards to Brazil, so as Paulo said, maybe this is a misunderstanding by China Post. Anyway, I sent an email to both the postal service and Brazilian customs asking specifically about China to find out if there has been any changes and is this a requirement made by Brazil or an initiative by China. Let’s see if they answer me.

4 Likes