Postcards for Grade 3

Dear Postcrossing community,

I have seen similar posts before, so I thought I’d give it a shot: I am looking for people who would like to send a postcard to my Grade 3 students (7-9 y/o) telling them about the cities and countries they live in.

I am a teacher at a school in Basel, Switzerland. In mid-August, my students and I will start our first unit of the year. We will learn about the unique identity of places. We will inquire into what makes a place unique, compare different places/countries regarding their features (cultural, geographical, etc.), and look at how the identity of a place can change over time. I want to prevent stereotyping (à la every German drinks beer and wears Lederhosen) by offering the students authentical sources for their inquiry.

Therefore, I am looking for people from all over the world who would like to send us a card including some of the following information:

• picture(s) of landmark(s)
  • local legends/stories about landmarks
  • Which things make your city/country in your eyes unique? What is special about it?
  • Which traditions and customs do people celebrate in your area?
  • Which stereotypes are there about your place? Are they true or not? What do you think where they originate?
  • What has changed in your city/country in the past years? (could be anything, such as traditions, buildings, etc.)

Of course, these are just some suggestions. If you would like to send us a card, any text or information, as long as it is (age-)appropriate, is more than welcome and would be deeply appreciated! As a little thank you, we will mail back a postcard from beautiful Basel. :blush:

Cards can be written in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, and Arabic.

Please leave a comment below if you are interested in sending us a postcard or have any further questions or remarks.

Thank you so much in advance!

All the best and happy Postcrossing,
Tordis

16 Likes

I never pass up an opportunity to help kids learn about something new. I would be glad to send them a few postcards. Address, please.

6 Likes

PMing! :blush:

2 Likes

I’d be glad to help :slight_smile:
Please drop me the address in PM

I hope one day at least one of your student will be on postcrossing :love_letter:

3 Likes

Hello! I’d be glad to send a postcard to the kids.

2 Likes

Yes always happy to help our young people. PM sent.

2 Likes

Hello! I could send a couple of these cards in an envelope for you.
It seems that there are a couple of ghosts living in our castles, stories about which I would like to share with your students :smiley:

4 Likes

I love to sent a card from holland
Have a great weekend
En ik zal in het nederlands schrijven.:wink:

1 Like

Hello. With great pleasure I will send a postcard from Russia :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m here because I’m helping my 3rd grader (starting this August) with her extra curricular work.

We would love to send one from Maldives :blush:

1 Like

I would love to send a card. Please send me the address.

1 Like

I will be happy to send some cards of different places in Germany.

1 Like

As a Swiss expat, I’d love to send one from the West of Ireland

1 Like

I’m with @anon4239658 , I really like doing these and try not to pass them up. Please PM me the name/address; meanwhile, I’ll start preparing the cards.

3 Likes

I’d like send you a postcard from Spain, please, write me a DM with the address :relaxed:

1 Like

I would be happy to send a card. Address ?

2 Likes

Hello from the United Kingdom. This is a wonderful school project, and I would love to send you and your children a postcard. Please send me the address. Peace and love…

1 Like

Your students are going to remember their Grade 3 year as one of their favourites! You make learning FUN​:person_cartwheeling::woman_cartwheeling:

Happy to participate with a :love_letter: from Canada :canada:

2 Likes

Hello from Australia! I’m happy to help as well!

1 Like

Happy to send a card from Ohio! I student taught 3rd graders, it’s such a fun age.

1 Like