Postcard to Malaysia from Australia

Hello!
I sent several postcards to Malaysia (Sabah) from Canberra to my friend and he told me that the postcards haven’t arrived yet even though they already travel almost a month now. I used prepaid postcard and maxi card so that they have no problem with the stamps value.

Do this condition is normal?
If yes, how long usually it takes for traveling postcard to Malaysia especially to Sabah?
If you have any idea, please let me know🙏

Thank you so much and have a nice day✨

4 Likes

Since covid the mail from Australia has slowed down a lot.

You can see the average travel times using the Stats option on any of the Australian members profiles. Select a time frame of the last year to get a more accurate picture.

Untick received so the list only shows the Sent postcards.
The end column is the average days for travelling.

4 Likes

Hi Ika!

I just went and had a quick look at some of the top Aussie Postcrossers’ stats. I found one Aussie who sent a postcard to Kota Kinabalu from country NSW earlier this year. It took 29 days (AU-860864).

I can’t look for more right now, but maybe I can later today. I just do as Mundoo describes above and go and look through the stats for more of the most active Aussie Postcrossers and see how long their cards to Sabah might take.

Fingers crossed your card will arrive any day now! :blush:

2 Likes

And AU-843989 went close to Sabah late last year and took 62 days. :grimacing:

1 Like

It’s so hard to tell how long it will take to send a postcard from Australia to anywhere in the world anymore. Sometimes it’s really quick but mostly it seems to take a really long time. Seems very unpredictable to me.

1 Like

Thank you guys for answering my question.
Hopefully my postcards will arrive shortly :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

Hopefully not that so long😭

2 Likes

Since Sabah is in East Malaysia, the mail is usually collected at a central mail processing centre in Peninsular Malaysia and shipped to East Malaysia around once a week. Depending on which part of Sabah it’ll vary quite significantly but my experience mailing from Kuala Lumpur to Sandakan (Sabah) takes around 2 weeks.

Mail from Australia to Malaysia itself takes a longer time so 29 days isn’t too long

I had an official one from Melbourne to Malaysia arrive yesterday. It took 31 days to arrive. Hopefully yours arrive soon.

1 Like

I see…
I sent it to Kota Kinabalu. Maybe it’ll arrive soon (hopefully). I already tell my friend that the postcard will arrive late (in worst scenario). Thank you for enlighten me about it☺️

1 Like

Yeah, couldn’t agree more!
Especially after Covid era, it’ll take some times to arrive :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Thank you!:heart:

1 Like

I have a postcard travelling from Belgium to Malaysia for 74 days now (BE 852290) !