Postcard Size Limit?

I’ve recently acquired a few postcards that are 30cm x 10cm or 21cm x 15cm. I’m wondering if these are too big for some countries to receive? I am also going to check with my local post office (they’re probably too big to mail…)

Sorry if I’ve posted in the wrong spot or there’s already a post about this topic.

I receive postcards of various sizes all the time from China so I don’t think it will be a problem to send larger cards but I do suggest you check with the post office about the correct postage. In some countries, it costs more to send irregular shapes and larger than normal size postcards.

4 Likes

Ok thanks! That’s good to know :wink: I’ll check with my post office for the exact cost.

1 Like

Yes, with any sort of large or odd sized/shaped cards or mail - receiving is usually not the problem, sending is! And then it’s usually just a matter of it needing more postage.

3 Likes

Sending large postcards can be a problem if the receiver’s mail box is not big enough. One Postcrosser let me know that the extra-long postcard I send got horribly mangled when the postman had to fit it in their small mail box.

It wan’t until that wonderful Postcrossing anniversary project this summer where Postcrossers submitted photos of themselves and their mail boxes that I learned not everyone has a large mail box. :stuck_out_tongue: :sweat_smile: :laughing:

True, although that’s why I said “usually.” :slight_smile:

But I didn’t really think about it, I admit, because in the US my mail carrier used to mutilate everything putting it into the box, no matter the size.