Postcard return

I put my card inside an enveloppe and send it in June.
Today it has returned and the reason is: Non réclamé…
What does this mean?

1 Like

From what I know, this appears for packages; if the mailman rings and the recipient is not at home, he must pick up the package at the post office. If after a certain time, nobody has come to pick it up, the package is declared “non réclamé” (unclaimed)

3 Likes

Can it be that the postage amount is not enough (0,015) ? What would be a silly amount not to claim the mail :confused:

1 Like

Perhaps the address was: on demand at the post office. And the recipient did not come for him within a month. Try asking the recipient. On envelope wrote that nobody take it from office

3 Likes

Please contact Postcrossing about the returned mail you received.

https://www.postcrossing.com/contact

3 Likes

The postage is enough, 0,015 is just the weight of the letter (15g). As it was already written the postcard returned because nobody came to post office to receive it for a month.

Belarusian customs usually open most of incoming international letters (this green scotch tape means your letter was opened by customs) and then the receiver should go to post office to receive it. It’s better to send postcards to Belarus without envelopes, postcards are delivered to mailbox :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thank you all for the great response :+1:
I will contact the receiver (She has not been active for +20 days) and I may consider to just send another postcard without envelope.
It’s just a shame i spend a lot of time stitching her a handmade card :confused:

2 Likes

The envelopes is also delivered to the mailbox, if the address did not indicate that the recipient would come to pick it up at the post office. Before sending the postcard again, write to the recipient or your postcard will do the same way . Your cards are wonderful and I don’t want it will be lost :love_letter: You know, two envelopes from America, addressed to me and sent at different times, came back for some unknown reason. It could be some kind of mail error too.

1 Like