Postcard exchange from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Hello,

I teach students with emotional disturbance in grades 9-12 (14 - 18 years old) in Albuquerque. I started doing postcrossing over the summer but I would like to increase the volume my students receive, as well as the places from where they receive postcards.

I would also like to have more addresses to write to and have my students send at least one a month using the writing prompt on the blog as well. I need about 15 people who would not mind recieving a monthly postcard from a student with the writing prompt. I would also have my students write back for those people who are interested.

I have a World History/Geography class and a US History/Geography class, and I will have my students in those classes look up the places they receive the postcards from and find three interesting facts from that place to help learn about the world, so I would like postcards from both the US and from out of country as well, please!

I was initially going to have my students write on my “official” postcrossing but I haven’t been a member long enough to get that volume, plus I am having too much fun writing my own!

Please PM me addresses to write to, and send your postcards to:

Mrs. English’s Class - Room B-127
Atrisco Heritage Academy HS
10800 Dennis Chavez Blvd. SW
Albuquerque, NM 87121
USA

Please only send 4x6 or 5x7 because I keep them in a binder with sleeves and larger ones do not fit.

Thank you in advance!

16 Likes

Is that even in America? Do I need international stamps?

3 Likes

Yes it’s in New Mexico way down there by Texas

Sorry I thought Mexico was a country.

Don’t be sorry.

I’ll sned one from Hong Kong.

1 Like

Ha Ha! You are a funny one!

1 Like

I’m interested!!

1 Like

I’ll send you a PM :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today, I have mailed you a package of cards. I hope you will like them. Regards, JamesC (New York City, USA)

1 Like

I can send Irish and a few other European origin cards, and I’d be happy to be a regular sender/receiver, if you’d like

1 Like

We would love postcards from Ireland! Please PM your address and I will have my students write to you. Thank you so much.

I would love to be part of your project.

1 Like

If you would like to recieve student postcards just pm me your address. Thank you.

We will send our next batch mid September

1 Like

PM sent!

1 Like

Hi Jennifer,
If you are looking for anyone else to send a card /monthly or whenever I’m happy to help. I just registered your card (Katherine from Hastings, MI) If you’d like a willing participant from MI just let me know!
Katherine

1 Like

Will send one from :indonesia:

1 Like

I am so touched by the kindness of this community. We received our first batch of mail today and I am working on letting everyone know their cards arrived.

Meanwhile, i wanted to share our display with you. It’s hard to see but we are putting map pins in every place we get a post card from.

Thank you all again. You are an amazing community and i am happy to be a part of it.

4 Likes

I am delighted that your classroom project is off to such a great start. Please let me know if you would like more cards. Regards, JamesC

2 Likes

I’m a sophomore in college, hoping to be an elementary school teacher! I would LOVE to help you with this project. I can send one for your students to research but also your blog!! I use postcards to decorate my dorm walls.
Thanks in advance,
Ally

1 Like