Postbot

@_Hawkwind_ and @paulo
Thanks for the replies… I have managed to finish the advanced tutorial… the normal one is still on my to do list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also have done the advanced tutorial. :smiley:

I had an issue with the postbot earlier today. During a roll, it pulled duplicate numbers twice. I’ve never seen this before so I don’t know if there’s a trick I’m missing to prevent it or if there was a legit issue.

This link will take you to the post it happened.

It is legit. If you roll thirteen dice (each with 55 sides), it is possible to get the same number twice. Just like when you use physical dice, sometimes you get doubles.

3 Likes

Okidoke! Thank you!

postbot
I received an email from postbot.

What does this do? I don’t know how to use it. I don’t even know how to raise the level. :joy:

Hi Season! Postbot is a friendly bot that helps newbies get used to some of the forum’s features. Just follow the instructions on the email titled “Greetings!”, and it’ll help you discover how to like posts, create bookmarks and other things you might want to try. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@postbot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@postbot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@postbot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@postbot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Living at risk is jumping off the cliff and building your wings on the way down. — Ray Bradbury

@postbot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

Is there any upper limit of numbers for the postbot when rolling dice?

Yes, according to Postbot it has 20 dice and a die can have maximum of 120 sides. So it can give maximum of 20 numbers at one time and numbers can be anything between 1-120

1 Like

OK. Newbie still has I am not sure who postbot is…received this message but could not locate it in my preferences…

(You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.)

You are all so helpful, soon I will be helpful too, just not today :smiley:

Cheerio
Mdmsamm

This answer a few posts above is the perfect description for postbot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Under interface you can untick the option “Skip new user onboarding tips and badges”. That will allow the Postbot to interact with you.

1 Like

You are D BEST @Norway_girl …it took me a bit to figure out where that corn preference was, but with your excellent screenshots….GOT IT….ohhh btw it is mailed…wink…

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [TESTSTATION] Playground - Test all functions of the forum

You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.

@postbot roll 4d87

You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.

@postbot roll 4d87