Postage Increase in USA

Unfortunately that’s not the case. All the post offices in my area carry a very limited selection of the forever stamps. No postcard stamps. They rarely have international stamps because they say no one uses them. The post office where I have my PO Box only allows you to buy one floral forever stamp at a time. You can’t even buy a sheet of stamps. They are also only open Monday through Friday 12 PM to 4 PM. LOL. Believe me, I am still baffled at the lack of services in this area. Especially with the influx of thousands upon thousands of people we get from May through September. It’s different if I go 30+ miles south or venture an hour north into a city. But I can’t do that. That’s why I order all my stamps now. It’s frustrating.

2 Likes

Why do people say they don’t want Zazzle postcards?

3 Likes

I wonder the sane thing. The majority of mine are zazzle. Some also don’t want AI image cards, i guess it’s just a matter of preference, but I have to order all my postcards as there are only truck stop Florida cards here.

2 Likes

I don’t know. I think they are a nice quality made by some wonderful artists.

1 Like

Walgreens here only started carrying cards relatively recently.

1 Like

Our post offices do have international stamps, postcard stamps, but none of the new nice stamps - usually just florals or flags. That way they force you to pay extra to have stamps mailed to you. I’m waiting for the horses and turtles to come out and then I’m going to place an order before the July increase.

1 Like

I may have mentioned before that, according to my postmaster, USPS reserves the right to modify orders (substitutions). She’s received issues she disliked herself, knowing they wouldn’t be popular to sell.

The shipping fee to receive stamps from the Kansas City distribution is fairly minimal, approx $1.60

Some good news on the subject: I believe I saw a relatively recent USPS announcement that the new stamp issues will be once again “pushed” to post offices automatically due to customers complaining that they can never find the latest issues at their local post office.

3 Likes

Even minimal is enough to frustrate / irritate when your told that the post office isn’t allowed to carry nice stamps anymore to force people to pay the extra (Turkey Lake Road Postal Employees told me this). I just try to combine orders and get one large order about every 6 months.

2 Likes

You can also pre-order the stamps before they come out so you don’t even have to worry about getting too close to the July date.

It really is. Especially when it just seems so silly that the post office brings me mail everyday and I know the stamps are coming from somewhere else, but it just seems like they should come with the mail as a courtesy.

If you don’t care what kind of stamps you get, you could ask your post office about Stamps By Mail. There is no extra charge. You can get the form from your mail carrier. Give him/her a check made out to your post office/postmaster and you’ll get stamps back in one or two business days. Again, they do not guarantee you’ll get your choice. If you order Forever stamps they’ll just give you whatever they can get, but it never hurts to ask. Unless this service has been discontinued because I haven’t seen it advertised any more but a rural friend says she always got them this way. Some mail carriers do it as a courtesy for elderly or disabled customers, but in so many places you don’t even get a regular carrier you might ask. I have never heard of anyone taking off with the money but these days I wouldn’t be so sure. I suppose it’s all just a way to nickel and dime us by forcing us to use the website. But for some people the shipping and handling might cost less than gas and parking, or bus fare to get to a post office.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the price of semi-postal stamps will increase with tomorrow’s increase? Sorry if this is a stupid question but this isn’t noted anywhere.

I think Zazzle cards are unpopular because they’re smaller, closer to square shape. Also, some people really want ones bought in-person at the location pictured.

1 Like