Post it on postcards - possible?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had tried attaching a post it (with tape to prevent it from falling off the postcard!) and mailing it before?

I ask because postcards, as you know, are small and don’t have much space to write on. I find that I want to go into explaining the scene of the postcard itself - but that means even less space for my message.

Hence I thought of using a post it to explain the scene. Would it be possible? Or would there be a surcharge tagged on by the post office? :thinking:

Edit to add that there is a price difference for us here when it comes to mailing the postcard itself versus mailing it in an envelope.

Thoughts welcome!

(Admins please move this post if it’s in the wrong place.)

2 Likes

Once I attached stamps like this:

Corner stickers and foil on the top with some tape around.
I believe they arrived.

2 Likes

Yes, this works, I did this a few times (once it was also a little envelope, if I remember right.

Just make sure your post it or washi tape sticks well on the card.

I also once got a card from canada with a post it, i guess it was accidentaly left here, as there was no information on it, and holds itself onto the card with no additional washi tape.

I received this card from Taiwan, it arrived in perfect shape. The note was to protect an underlying stamp.

6 Likes

You can do a lot more then just a postit and its no surcharge.
Stay under 50gr and 1cm height and it will be ok .

1 Like

You can use postit, another postcard and a pocket. Use cheap washi tape, which it’s easily removable to tape it around the border without covering the stamps or address area. I’ve used a paper to cover the entire photo of the postcard so that the person removes the washi and paper and the postcard is streak free.

5 Likes

Yes! :person_raising_hand:

I do a combo of the full sticky note + frame of removable tape. (Personally not into washi tape)

Works like a charm. I use it mainly when I’m sending erotica cards and recipient doesn’t want an envelope.

2 Likes

ive got a few like these
have to be taped really well or my local post office sorting machines just rip the whole thing off :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I received a few postcards that where extended this way. So it is surely worth a try.

Update: The post-it managed to go through, thank you to @Molletje for letting me know!

1 Like

I just sent a postcard and washitaped on the picture side a fridgemagnet. It goes to the country with the worldwide most agressive sorting machines.
I trust that the card will make it. But if the magnet…

One time i used a postit note and washi tape to make a pocket on a postcard and put stamps in there for a person who said they liked stamps. They were pretty happy with it and it made it there safely

1 Like