Possible to upload new postcard image when received?

Hi everyone, I’m new and have received some beautiful postcards that I want to have in my favorites gallery. Sometimes the sender has posted a picture already, but the picture I can take of it is better (I’m using the google scan app!) and I want to use it instead. Is it possible to delete the original picture and put my new scan in its place, so that both I and the sender can have it in our galleries?

thanks for any help on this!

2 Likes

Yes, you have that ability as the receiver of the postcard - you can delete the existing image & upload your own. I’ve done this another of times when I’ve been able to scan a better image.

Just click on the ID number link for that postcard & in the right hand lower corner under the picture is a link that says “Delete image?” and go from there.

You can also add a description of the image, the sender can’t do that sadly.

2 Likes

briliant! thank you for the insider knowledge. I’m going to do that now!

1 Like

I wish we were able to add a description because I think it is important to acknowledge the producer of the postcard. Kind of like citing the source.

2 Likes

Well there’s that, plus the person who sent the postcard likely knows the image best & would be the best person to write the description.

I love looking at postcard in the Gallery, but the vast majority have no descriptions so I never know where it is or what I’m looking at exactly often which makes me sad given that there are literally millions of images like that.

I put in this request in all PC surveys, but I gather the issue of who can delete/re-upload was a big debate & complex issue within PC before my time & I suspect the sender not being able to add a description initially is connected with that process.

2 Likes

I like to put as much information as I can about the card into the description, but you’re right, often there’s not enough to go off of!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 2 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.