Possibility to select postcard recipient

Hello, I am new to the community and I haven’t yet sent a postcard. I was wondering if it is possible to select another Postcrossing member to send a postcard to or if this must always be a random process. As an example, if someone were to tell me their profile username or if I were to encounter another person on the forum can I send them them a postcard also? Thanks

2 Likes

It’s always a random recipient to your card in the official Postcrossing.

4 Likes

The official cards - cards with an ID - are always random. But of course you can agree to a direct swap with someone or participate in the many forum activities like lotteries, tags and Round Robins (RRs).

4 Likes

Welcome to this community! No matter which way you do it, you will meet some wonderful people!

4 Likes

Welcome to Postcrossing!

3 Likes

If you are interested in exchanging postcards with members in particular countries, you might find something in the many fora, such as round robins, available. For instance, if you want postcards from Canada, you could join the Canada x World RR. You would also be able to get some postcards, while waiting for official postcards to start arriving in your mailbox.
Welcome and have fun! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Thank you for informing me, and thank you for the warm welcomes!