Pictorial Postmarks

2 Likes

I will be attending the Northeastern Federation of Stamp Clubs’ Annual Philatelic Show tomorrow. The show will have a USPS booth with the above special pictorial cancel! If anyone is interested in receiving a postcard with cancel please message me!

3 Likes

There’s a new tag for “cool” postmarks. Pictorial Postmarks are cool!:star_struck:

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/cool-postmark-tag/343097?u=dchristian75

3 Likes

https://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet/Philately/index.jsp?ID=508

I am interested in this
The link above is the stamp I can get it
You can click on the stamp to check the every special picture.
Some may take time to send to you because some are on the more smaller islands.

And I can stamp on it and send it directly
or collect them and introduce it before sending it.

In return, you can send me some used stamps or these special stamp in your country.

If anyone is interested,
Please info me with more detail

3 Likes

Hi!!

I’m interested and will reach out again when I’m back home. I’m traveling right now :slight_smile:

Jennifer

In Italy :it: : special postmarks are published on bullettins in advance, except for first day postmarks that are published the issue day.
You can:

• go in person to the specified place and date (example: a temporary stand at an exhibition);
  • go in person to the competent structure (example: a specific post office) until 60 working days from closure of the service;
  • request to the competent structure by sending them an envelope with mail inside, always within 60 working days.

Minimum postage to receive a postmark is 0,23€, so you don’t need to put a stamp for the full tariff if the postcard/envelope doesn’t have to travel.
This is the case if you go in person or if you include an already franked returning envelope when you do the request by mail.
And this I think is the difference with US… they don’t return you the mail for free! :roll_eyes:

This is the official link of Poste Italiane, click on “calendario marcofilia” and then on the various dates:
https://filatelia.poste.it/eventi-e-calendario.html
Alternative amatorial website, with also database of past years, click on the numbers for each month:

Let’s pick up a random one:

Sede del servizio” is the place where the cancellation is offered on the date and timetables specified in the row below.
Struttura competente” is the address where you can go or request by mail in the next 60 working days.

For Vatican :vatican_city:, this is the link:

Scroll down page until “Allegati”, where you find:

• obliterazioni 2022 (archive of special postmarks);
  • comunicati 2022 (bulletins announcing special postmarks).

There’s also database for the past years.
You can ask special postmarks by mail as in Italy (I’m not in Rome, so never tried in person, except at exhibitions).
According to the website, you have 30 days to request the special cancellation, but personally I’ve done also months later, receiving what I asked, anyway I still have never tried after the covid period.

Also for San Marino :san_marino: you can request special postmarks by mail, writing to their philatelic and numismatic office, but I’ve tried few times and I don’t know where to get bulletins.
In the same site linked above, there’s a list of past ones:
http://marcofilianuova.altervista.org/sanmarino2.htm

6 Likes

World Postcard day

15 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

I personally went to the general post office today to get the following postmark, commemorating 70 years anniversary of the Puerto Rico Philatelic Association.

13 Likes

Wow, really hige nice Postmark:) happy collecting it

1 Like

Doesn’t this “Black Swan” pictorial postmark look amazing??

20 Likes

It certainly is! I love it

Wow, one question, any information on how manypost offices does pictorial Postmarks daily in Australia? I have received one from Adelaide GPO

1 Like

5_20221004180945

I will be going to a small stamp show this weekend where Japan Post will have a booth and using this pictorial cancel. Anyone who wants to receive a postcard with this postmark please message me. I will take the first few replies and I am pretty open as to what I want to receive in return. Philatelic collectors wanted.

12 Likes

At an educated guess, I estimate around 250 “everyday “ pictorials are currently available in Oz. There is no official list of current pictorial postmarks.

3 Likes

Omg, that are many Postmarks:o hope i cam collect few of them

Would love one! I will send you a dm!

Canada post has many many pictoral cancelations you can send away from

Here are a few examples from the list

14 Likes

Thanks for all the responses. My offer is now closed and all those who messaged me up until now will get a card. Please read my response to your messages as I ask further about your preferences.