Pictorial Postmarks

Recent Postmarks

6 Likes

It is the most favorite one I received recently.

little sailfish🐠

6 Likes

From Poznan, Poland, this cancel literally says ‘Poland solidarizes with Ukraine’ in both Polish and Ukraininan. It was one of the several cancels offered in Poland at the beginning of the war and the only one that is still available for people to request.

8 Likes

So beautiful, i received similar in the starting of this year, mostly sent as last year’s Christmas mail:)

5 Likes

These all arrived for me today! (I sent them in for the special postmarks at different times so it was a big surprise to find them all in my mailbox together!)

10 Likes

German pictorial cancellation that commemorates the 375th anniversary of Peace of Westphalia was made available for 4 weeks this October-November:

I was hoping to get this cancel on my World Peace Day maxicards showing the 2023 Europa peace stamps. But it seems (well I am pretty sure) that my postmarking request arrived too late, after the 4-week time slot during which this cancel was available, so I didn’t get my maxicards back. However, someone I don’t know used the return envelope I had provided to send me the following nice cover with the cancel I wanted:

I am not sure if the person worked for the German philatelic centre or not, but it’s really kind of him/her to send me this cover.

This is actually the second time a German did me a special favour – the first was with my World Peace Day maxicards that show another cancel commemorating the 375th anniversary of Peace of Westphalia:

I had prepared those 2 maxicards as regular postcards that were supposed to be sent naked. But for reason I don’t know, someone put those 2 cards into an envelope and franked it with sufficient postage stamps that I didn’t provide. It was a total surprise to receive the mail.

Judging from my experience of biking across Germany and dealing with their philately staff, I really find the Germans very friendly, even though they are not usually known for their friendliness (people like to say the Germans are punctual / strict instead of friendly).

6 Likes

Permanent Pictorial Cancellation from Malampuzha Dam, Kerala, India (Postcard Sent by S.Vishwa Bharathi)

5 Likes

The current and 3rd version of the pictorial cancel available at the Eastend Post Office in Saskatchewan, Canada, showing Scotty the T-Rex:

The postmaster was super kind to include a sheet showing all the regular and pictorial cancels they have – including 3 iterations of Scotty!

The inscription on the first version of Scotty isn’t perfectly readable, the second and third versions are better.

I believe you can request all of them so long as you specify which one you want to get. Maybe include an image showing the cancel you want to help the postmaster.

10 Likes

Switzerland :switzerland::

5 Likes

France :fr::

Screenshot from 2023-12-29 17-46-11

4 Likes

I did not realize the US did this anymore. Interesting!

1 Like

Beautiful Postmarks
Pune Philately Bureau, Bengaluru GPO, Bhuvneshwar GPO

4 Likes

Vaticano :vatican_city::
Screenshot from 2023-12-30 13-14-56

7 Likes

Received this adorable little USPS Santa in a Snow globe Happy Holidays postmark.

5 Likes

Shetland :scotland:
Screenshot from 2024-01-05 14-50-54

9 Likes

From Japan and Singapore

7 Likes

Lovely Postmarks on recent incomings

4 Likes

3 Likes

Norway :norway:

1 Like

USA :us: