PERU. Where to get postcards

Hello,
I’m traveling to Lima and Cusco next month. I’d like to know where can I get postcards in those cities… if possible cheap ones. I also would like to know how much is the postage for international postcards.

Thanks!

1 Like

the person is traveling to perú, not chile. hope you get an answer from someone who had visited perú recently.

3 Likes

Postcards easily accessible in Cusco!
Apart from other places, I remember the bookshop at the corner beside the city library (Bibliotheca municipal) and the little shop inside the main post office (where mostly Israeli tourists ship their parcels home). Stamps at the main post office, and all my cards sent from there arrived well.
Of all countries I visited in 2022/23 in Latin America, Peru was the best to send postcards.
Have a good trip!

2 Likes

Postcards from Peru are PEN 10.20 (aprox. USD 2.70) to all destinations.

In Lima you can go to the Inka Market in Miraflores (it’s a bit hard to find postcards but there’s one shop that has a nice selection). In the same street you can find Serpost (Peru’s postal services) where you can buy stamps (regular and commemorative), it’s better to go in the morning, there are less people and the clerk will have enough time to help you with stamps)

I haven’t been to Cuzco in years, but I remember I bought some postcards in a shop near the main square, and they sold me the stamp there too (it was actually a stamp meter sticker), but now post offices have improved so I think you could find stamps if you go there.

If you need more info let me know and hopefully I’ll be able to help :smiling_face:

2 Likes

@ahcasti

Hola! I’m actually off to Cuzco in a month too…I saw from some local forums that there are postcards in a shop right next to the main post office.

When are you going? Maybe we can have an impromptu meetup :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ll be there on August 10th only for 3-4 days, I guess. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dang it, I’ll be 2 weeks after you :frowning:
Keep us posted on where to find postcards and the stamp situation over there