Penpal Letter Storage

Maybe this goes here?

For those of you who have penpals, how do you store your penpal letters?

4 Likes

Thank you @Bille for putting this in the right place!

1 Like

In a drawer under my desk. :slight_smile: So I’ve an easy access to it

1 Like

I store them until I reply, then I scan them and throw them away.

i keep my letters in what i call the elephant

i’m looking for a new one though because this one is full with letters from my old penpal, which i don’t wanna throw away. but now i have a new penpal which i hope to get a lot of letters from so that deserves its own box.

10 Likes

In shoe boxes decorated with wrapping paper. By year!

2 Likes

I store them with my postcards, but I want to find a new ideas for storage☺️

1 Like

3 Likes

Currently in boxes (shoeboxes or biscuit boxes or something), each penpal’s letter tied together with a simple elastic band. When I was a kid at my parents’, they were in a drawer… Then two drawers. Now the old ones that I kept are in a box in a wardrobe at my parents’.

2 Likes

I keep all my letters in a shoebox. Letters from each person are in a large envelope each.

2 Likes

I use an accordion file organizer. I trim them down as much as possible first/remove any extra goodies. If they have cool stamps I soak the stamps off and throw the rest of the envelope away.

1 Like

This is lovely and a good idea!

1 Like

I put them in folders, divided by pen-pal, and I keep them in a drawer of a dresser.
But I want to change, because the dresser is old and the drawer is difficult to open. Every time it makes me mad. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I store mine in this box. It was a converse shoe box that I spray painted blue. I also like to put stickers on it

9 Likes

I keep my letters on their own shelf on my bookshelf.
The middle one, hehe.
I usually keep them in the envelopes they came in, sorted chronologically by person.
I like to look to my bookcase and see the letters quietly stacked, it feels nice.
On the side is my homemade binder of postcards too.

Unless very special, I recycle the paper every year or so since I make my own recycled paper, but sometimes I save clippings or a page and paste it into one of my journals.
Of course and stickers or washi will have been saved.

2 Likes

I have moved this topic to Postcards & Mail as it’s more appropriate (since it’s not related to Postcrossing).

2 Likes

Started with shoe boxes. Then a bigger plastic see-through box. I also scan (app called genius scan) the postcards front and back the app sends them automatically to dropbox or other and can view them anytime. I like it because you scan front and back to a pdf file.

1 Like

I store my penpal letters in these boxes:

3 Likes