Palm Springs, CA | May 20, 2023 | Meetup in the Desert

It was a really nice event and fun day, Mike! I believe all the new attendees to our group (@Pei_CL, @jmorris, @deramirezh, @CatMeng, @BAginko1, @Purple_Phoebe ā€” did I miss anyone?) came away very impressed by your organizational abilities and touched by your warm, welcoming friendliness. Many thanks for all your efforts!

6 Likes

@llmike007 thanks so much for letting me know! I have message you my address.
and thanks to everyone for signing my cards since I couldnā€™t make it this time!!
and special thanks to @sand2sand for catching my message and letting Mike knowā€¦ I greatly appreciate it!!
from the photo, I can see it was a great turnout. sorry I missed. looking forward to getting my cardsā€¦thanks to everyone for signing them for me!
happy postcrossing!

2 Likes

Yes! I had a great time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I was very nervous coming to my first meetup @llmike007 and all the attendees made it so amazing, Iā€™ll have higher expectations from now on :rofl:

I am usually too shy to introduce myself first, but @geetikasinha7 's Roxy was the icebreaker. Sheā€™s so adorable, I had to work up the courage and go introduce myself and everything went smoothly from then on :hugs: It probably didnā€™t show, but I was a bit starstruck to be sitting next to Geet :grin:

7 Likes

It was wonderful to finally attend a Postcrossing Meet-up. It was so well organized and fun to meet other Postcrossers! Thanks to @sand2sand for introducing me to postcrossing and also thanks to @llmike007 for organizing such a great meet-up event! Fun to meet up with @Purple_Phoebe as well.

4 Likes

Thanks, @llmike007 for hostingā€“you go above and beyond! And a big thank-you to everyone else for making it a great meetup. I love that weā€™re getting to know each other better each time. Next time, Iā€™m going to talk to each person and write down their nameā€“I find myself calling some by their Postcrossing stamp :rofl: , ā€œ@SleepKittyā€, ā€œOrangeKittyā€ aka @CatMeng, ā€œ@Pei_CLā€, " @kenosis", etc. Iā€™ve asked some of the names before, but writing them down should cinch it! It was great to meet the newbies! We did miss Johnson and hope he makes it to the next one. @hulamunki we hope to see you soon, too!
A few of us, in particular, loved meeting at the library. Between Van, Caroline, and I, the Friends of the Library made quite a few sales of used books, magazines, and postcards!
And, of course, a big thanks to Geet for designing the meetup cards and for bringing Rusty!
I look forward to the next one and to seeing all of you again!!

6 Likes

Thank you @kanosis ! Always great to see repeat guests and Iā€™m glad you had a great time.
My pleasure! I need to get more of those embroidered postcardsā€¦

See you at the next one!

2 Likes

@geetikasinha7 My pleasure! Aww haha, it was a ā€œrace to the finishā€ but Iā€™m glad you thought it was organized :stuck_out_tongue: . Yes, I totally agree! So happy to see our ā€œride or dieā€ group coming together!

Hope to see you again soon!

2 Likes

@sand2sand Thank you so much! It was great seeing you again and you are much too kind as usual!

Hope to see you at the next one :wink:

1 Like

@Pei_CL Iā€™m so glad!! Nothing wrong with having higher expectationsā€¦ we aim to please :smiley:
Yesss I too am glad Roxy got to make a surprise visit! @geetikasinha7

Hope to see you at another meetup soon!

2 Likes

@Lynneizle it was a pleasure! Thanks for coming and I am so glad you could make it before you left the Valley. Thanks also for the group picture! via Caroline :slight_smile:

Hope to see you at the next meetup when you are back in town!

2 Likes

@jmorris Thank you Joan for coming out!! So glad you could connect with @sand2sand . He really knows his way around meetup events!

Hope to see you at another meetup soon.

3 Likes

@Kristi-D Thank you for coming out!! You are much too kind :smiley: so glad you enjoyed it. Yes, I will admit, I could do better with the names myself! I agree, hope Johnson can make the next one as well. Maybe we ought to return to the PS Library ~ to be timed with a book sale if at all possible, that would be the cherry on top :cherries:

See you at the next meetup!!

2 Likes

Here are my picsā€¦ um, better late than never, right? :joy:
Thanks again, everyoneā€¦ seriously. It was so nice to see all of you. This meetup might take the cake for most collective miles driven by participants. :oncoming_automobile:
See you again soon.
Be well and stay COOL!

@tianye4869 @CatMeng @sand2sand @ohhsayy @deramirezh @Purple_Phoebe

8 Likes

@llmike007, I have sent out my twenty postcards from your wonderful Palm Springs meet-up event and have received very positive comments. Here is just one example,
ā€œHello Joan! Thank you and everyone who signed this truly unique postcard. Itā€™s absolutely fascinating, I canā€™t stop looking at all the little details, such a pretty and colourful artwork! My mother also loves the postcard. We both send you our best wishes. Cheers, Candyā€
Thanks, again, @jmorris

3 Likes

Thank you so much @jmorris for your kind words!! Iā€™m so glad your recipients are fans of the card design. Admittedly, all the credit goes to our amazing and talented designer @geetikasinha7 ~ I did not give her too much in the way of artistic direction, other than to suggest we put Cher on it because by pure coincidence it was her birthday as well. :smiley: Geet definitely knocked it out of the ballpark!

2 Likes

Chiming in late to say thank you, Mike, for organizing and hosting the fantastic Meetup in Palms Springs last month. The Meetup card is awesome and is getting rave reviews! @geetikasinha7 Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon at the next Meetup!

6 Likes

hello! some one would like swap this beautiful card?
thank you very much

1 Like

Hi Marco!
I will DM you.
Thanks!

@Purple_Phoebe sorry for my late reply!
Thank you Marje for coming out and for your very kind words! I see that you are based out of the South Bay. @ohhsayy is organizing a meetup in Orange County for October 1st (World Postcard Day). If you are able to make it out, we would love to have you join us. Of course, we would love to have everyone back :smiley: Take care!

1 Like

Hi Mike, Great to hear that you and @ohhsayy are still so motivated! World Postcard Day will be much better for it :green_heart: :mailbox_with_mail:

5 Likes