Oslo, Norway Wednesday October 27th, 2021 at 5:00pm

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Oslo, Norway
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Kafe Å, Nasjonalbiblioteket
:calendar: DATE: October 27th, 2021
:alarm_clock: TIME: 5pm-7pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Signing postcards, chatting about Postcrossing and other things

I know I’ve tried this before and things cough got in the way, but now we are far enough back to normal that I think it will finally work out this time. Kafe Å at the National Library is now open until 7pm, so if we meet at 5pm, we will have time for something to eat and drink and to sign our postcards. The cafe serves a nice selection of hot and cold drinks, and both sweet and savory foods. At least they did the last time I was there :smiley:

The shop downstairs sells a wonderful selection of postcards that AFAIK aren’t available in many other places. Mostly vintage images, b/w, old advertising etc. Very cool. The shop will be open until 9pm so we should have plenty of time to shop :wink:

Bring postcards to write, sign or show off. Or just come and hang out with other Postcrossers. Welcome!

If you’re planning to attend, it’s great if you can let us know in this thread.

There’ll probably be quite a bit of talk about the various future meetups we’re planning, but just so it’s said: anyone is free to come and go whenever they like, it’s not mandatory to stay for the whole meetup. And no problem if you show up late.

@KAS: It’s your job to promote this on Facebook as usual. :smile:

Oh great idea, I feel like I’ve been hearing about Kafe Å for ages now :grin:, will be nice to finally go there!

Promotion is happening!

Noted. Hopefully I do not have to work any overtime that day

It turns out I’ll be working from home tomorrow, which means I won’t be there early for this meetup. I’ll be at Nationaltheatret station at 4.37 I think and at the library 5-10 minutes later. See you then :grinning: