Oslo, Norway Thursday March 17th, 2022 at 5:00pm

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Oslo, Norway
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Deichman Bjørvika (Oslo’s main library)
:calendar: DATE: March 17th, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 5pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Signing postcards, chatting about Postcrossing and other things, shopping for postcards

Hello all! After our trip to Valdres it’ll be about time for another meetup in Oslo :smiley: We will meet at the main library this time - it is in Bjørvika, very close to the central station. It’s an interesting place, a wonderful library, so if you haven’t visited it before, you should take the opportunity to experience it now. :slight_smile: But first and foremost they have opened a little shop in there now and they sell postcards … ! An excellent selection of them, in fact. So postcard shopping will definitely be on the agenda … ! :smiley:

The actual meetup will be in one of the library’s meeting rooms. The one I have booked is called Blankvann and it is on the basement level. Go down the stairs by the main entrance and you will see it immediately. Bring postcards to write, sign or show off. Or just come and hang out with other Postcrossers. Welcome!

If you’re planning to attend, it’s great if you can let us know in this thread. As of today there is a limit of 12 people in this room due to corona restrictions. This may change by March 17th but we have to work with what we have and so I have set a limit of 12 participants. Please RSVP if you would like to join us :blush:

There’ll probably be quite a bit of talk about the various future meetups we’re planning, but just so it’s said: anyone is free to come and go whenever they like, it’s not mandatory to stay for the whole meetup. And no problem if you show up late.

@KAS: It’s your job to promote this on Facebook as usual. :smile:

We are not allowed to bring food into the meeting room but there is a restaurant on the ground floor so it is possible to buy food there. The cafe level is closed at the moment but may be open again by March 17th.

There will probably not be a meetup card made for this meetup - I am not planning to make one - but there are a number of cards featuring the library available in the shop.

Hope to see many of you there! :smiley:

2 Likes

Library postcards! Sounds good! :grin:

Plan to be there and am currently announcing this all over Facebook.

1 Like

I am in! Never been there😍

I will try to be there… Cant promise… But miss U all!!!

One of my favourite places in Oslo, for sure!

I’m not sure if I can make it to 17:00, I might get there a bit late, but I’ll try.

Lovely, i would like to recieve one card, please. :heart_eyes:

I mentioned this briefly in Fagernes - I have 250 Fagernes meetup cards that are the new “standard postcard” quality that I felt wasn’t good enough. They sell them as “standard postcard”, so it might just be me :joy: I guess we can expect them to survive their postal travels. I just forgot to bring them to Fagernes.

Point being: I have 250 unsigned Fagernes meetup cards to give away for free if anyone wants them. Let me know if I should bring them to this meetup. If nobody wants them, I’ll toss them in paper recycling after Thursday.

1 Like

Oh, yes… I would love more cards, KAS

1 Like

Cool, I’ll bring them to this meetup!

1 Like

I’m downstairs by the meeting room, see you soon.