Oslo, Norway Saturday July 8th, 2023

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Oslo, Norway
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Påfuglen, outside National Theatre station
:calendar: DATE: July 8th, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10am
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: postcard shopping, visit to Bygdøy, lunch and dinner

Calling all Oslo area Postcrossers … ! July 8th will be a momentous day - finally our friend from Finland @insp3ktor will be visiting Oslo :smiley: He will be traveling with @Nakendorf and they will be in Oslo all day on the 8th. Yay! :smiley:

We will meet by the Peacock, the fountain outside the National Theatre train and subway station, at 10am. We will start with some postcard shopping, going from the station to Tronsmo book store. After Tronsmo we will make our way via various shops to the ferry dock at City Hall Square, where we will take the ferry to Bygdøy. Hard to say which ferry we will take, it depends how many postcards we find I guess :smiley:

At Bygdøy we will visit the Maritime Museum and the Fram Museum, and maybe the Kon Tiki Museum (I will leave this up to our guests). All of these places have museum shops with postcards. The Viking Ship House is closed for renovations. We will walk or take the ferry to the Folk Museum (we will decide which on the day) and visit there too. I’m thinking we can get some lunch there before the visit?

After the museum overdose :smiley: we will head back to the ferry and go back to the city center. I’m planning dinner at my favorite restaurant, Jaipur - @insp3ktor has to have gluten free food and almost everything on their menu is gluten free. Afterwards how about ice cream at Paradis, or a drink at Posthallen? Or maybe both?? :smiley:

We will sign cards whenever we sit down, I suppose :smiley: There will be no specific meetup card for this meetup.

3 Likes

Have fun! I will be hiking mountains in the Arctic that day, not thinking of y’all :joy::hiking_boot: Will promote this on FB as usual!

I might be in Oslo that day

3 Likes

And I will be at the meeting in Rulle/Osnabrück of course. The only weekend I will not spend in Norway between June 11th and August 18th. What a bad timing, I would have loved to join! Hope you all will have a great meeting and time in Norway. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m in Copenhagen then, so cannot attend.

I’ll be there!

1 Like

I will come :raised_hands::smiley:

2 Likes

@Norway_girl @karia81 @arcticgirl64 I have updated the thread with plans for the meetup! :smiley:

@Norway_girl I changed the plans around from what we agreed on because of the opening hours at the various places - it’s a Saturday so the museums are open much later than the shops :slight_smile:

No worries! The new plan is fine with me. I hope we can visit the WayNor store you mentioned, the one with the good postcard selection. I do really want to find the 10x15 cm sized postcard with the rune alphabet for the advent/new year’s countdown calendar I’m making! :smile:

Yes, we will go to that store! But I think that the Folk Museum may be your best bet. It’ll be a treasure hunt … ! :smiley:

Probably. But it won’t hurt checking elsewhere, just in case!

Can not join anyway due to health.
Have fun! :blush:

That’s a shame! Don’t forget that we have our regular monthly meetups where you’re always welcome :blush: Also, you don’t have to be there for the whole thing on Saturday. You can meet us at the restaurant for instance. Just FYI :blush:

1 Like

Sadly I won’t be in Oslo on Sat. Our daughter and her family will come here for the weekend.