ONLINE (Zoom), Wednesday January 27th, 2021 at 5pm

:world_map:  Oslo, Norway
:pushpin:  Zoom
:alarm_clock:  January 27th, 5pm
:page_facing_up:  Chatting about Postcrossing and other things

UPDATE: Due to stricter corona restrictions in Oslo, this meetup will now be online.

Let’s try meeting up this month despite the restrictions … ! Maybe by the 27th things will have changed yet again …

We will meet at Espresso House again. The security guard strike is over so there is a slight theoretical possibility that we will be able to visit the National Library. We’ll have to keep an eye on the restrictions and see how things develop.

Welcome to the January meetup!

The café has about the selection you’d expect. Hot and cold drinks, some warm meals, and some cold things to eat like sandwiches and cinnamon buns.

If you’re new, look for our sign with the Postcrossing logo which we’ll hopefully remember to put up at the table. Otherwise a bunch of postcards and pens and various supplies are usually a giveaway.

Bring postcards to write, to swap or to show off. Or just come and hang out with other Postcrossers. Welcome!

If you’re planning to attend, RSVP. I will see about booking a table for us in advance.

We will have meetup cards, stickers and stamp available as usual.
There’ll probably be quite a bit of talk about the various future meetups we’re planning, but just so it’s said: anyone is free to come and go whenever they like, it’s not mandatory to stay for the whole meetup. And no problem if you show up late. Although then you will probably have a whole pile of stuff to sign dumped on you.

KAS: It’s your job to promote this on Facebook as usual. :smile:

I plan to attend (don’t know yet if I’m still working from home or from the office).

Are you planning to have this at the cafe at the National Library if they have open at the end of January?

I wish I could come - I’m a newbie and would love to make some friends! But it doesn’t feel very safe to travel to the city these days :confused: how often do you meet up? Maybe I can make it some time closer to the summer :slight_smile:

I’ll be there and will promote away :grinning:

We usually meet once a month, but Corona has been getting in our way since last March. See our glorious meetup history on the old forum here :upside_down_face: https://forum.postcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=259

2 Likes

Oh, and welcome to Postcrossing :smiley: We’re always so excited to see someone new at meetups!

2 Likes

Tusen takk! I technically work in the city, although I haven’t been there since, well, March. But hopefully things will normalize soon :slight_smile: then I’ll try to time a work trip to a meetup :smiley:

Hi, have fun.Here in Vienna is a Meet up not allowed. If its possible and you have a Meet up Card, pls i would love to et one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@marit_la Yes we’ll try to go to the library if it’s possible :slightly_smiling_face:

@noodlebamboo hello and welcome! As KAS already said we normally have meetups once a month, and sometimes extra weekend ones. So you will definitely have more chances to join us! Hope to see you at meetup sometime :smiley:

1 Like

Great! Looking forward to it, whenever it may happen :slight_smile:

Due to further resctrictions in Oslo (close down of restaurants, cafes etc), I will not be comming to Espresso House.

I expect Espresso House to be classified as a “serveringssted” and therefore now closed. Meetup cancelled, surely?

No one will be coming, the place will be closed

Yes, I assume they will be closed :frowning_face: I was thinking we could move it online? :thinking:

I could make a zoom meeting instead on the same date. Is 5 pm still the start-time?

I will attend if zoom meetup

I will probably maybe attend a zoom meetup :smile: I’m not great at getting around to attending those.

I’ve made a meetup on zoom, same date and time.

Marit Larsen is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Postcrossing meetup
Time: Jan 27, 2021 17:00 Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 898 2935 3502
Passcode: 692711
One tap mobile
+12532158782,89829353502#,*692711# US (Tacoma)
+13017158592,89829353502#,*692711# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 898 2935 3502
Passcode: 692711
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kJmrUqcRp

Great!! I edited the thread to reflect the change. Glad we can at least do something, even if we can’t meet in person :blush: