One kind postcard sending

What you do you do to make sure same kind of postcard isn’t sent to one individual,? That is if you send cards to different people.
I am looking for how best to avoid sending same kind of postcard to same individual, because its not fair to me a sender and to a receiver.
I will be happy to get best solution for my best post card sending
Thanks lol

3 Likes

its ok if it is the same. i think that the postcard counts. i am limited in what cards i can find in cambodia so i try to make the message unique.

6 Likes

I would say it depends

if you send an official card through postcrossing you could of course have a look at the receipiants received list. If this person collects mostely touristig postcards it’s easy as you can just set a filter for your country and see hat the receipiant already have received from there. In your case probably not that many. If the receipiant likes other cards or you just have other cards to send out it might get tricky. Soem users (me included) have received many many postcards already and it may take quite some time to look at all the cards.
Other usrs have additional links to online albums like zoonerama or flickr on which they display their postcards.
Then you might send to someone who is also active on the fourm and does not upload all their received cards in an album. So you never know what this person has received already.

Here is what I do:
If I send an official postcard I set a filter for my country and see what the receipiant has received from my country. If the receipiant states they use their favourites list as a wish list I take a look there and see if I have something they like.
When I send through the forum I look even more cloley but again I think one can never be sure.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it too much - there are millions of different postcards out there & sometimes people get the same card from different members - that’s okay.

In your case, a card from Uganda is extremely rare, unique & prized, so you have even less to worry about in terms of sending people a card they might already have, but it’s highly unlikely okay?

7 Likes

If you send officials you’ll only send to a person once, unless they or you have more than one profile. So the chance of sending a duplicate is extremely low, especially since you’re in a very rare county and the members you send to have most likely never received other cards from Uganda.

7 Likes

It is okay. The is no postcard shop in my entire district. So I have a very limited number of options too.

Since the receiver is different all the time, It will not be a matter.

3 Likes

Don’t worry about it too much, Postcrossing is for fun and just send something you like to send with a nice message and maybe you’ve got a nice stamp too. Postcrossing is about connecting, not about collecting.

2 Likes

I select my country under “received” on the recipient’s wall and look through the cards.
Likewise, if the recipient has albums on external sites, such as Flickr or Zonerama.
However, I have to limit that I do NOT do this when it comes to countless albums, with thousands and thousands of images.

I like to take time for a profile, but that doesn’t mean that I want to spend hours on the same profile until I get a suitable card. Because I basically then don’t have this time for other profiles and I wouldn’t find that fair to spend more time on one and less time on the other.

In the end it’s about connecting and not collecting and even a duplicate is unique because of the text.

2 Likes

To me it doesn’t matter because every card is unique with the back of the card, the stamp, and the marks the card gets on its journey.

6 Likes

Just a thought, can you buy from Zazzle? I get all my postcards from there. I pay $9.99 a year for “free shipping” so I feel free to order whenever I want

Note I’ve noticed the matte finish cards feel like they’d stick together so now I only buy the semi-gloss.

1 Like

Ah long story. But now I am back in Taiwan. For us it is 20 to 30usd for shipping. It’s a killer for shipping from there. I use redbubble they run cheaper international shipping