October 1, 2023, Washington DC Meetup - World Postcard Day!

I’m definitely interested! I’ve only been doing this a couple years, and I’ve never been to a Meetup before!

Wow the extent for people to go to! You are so welcomed. From the interest it looks like even if I can’t be there for some reason others will!

Hello
I am a maybe to attend.
I will be in the DC area at this time, but not sure due to working schedule.
I am from the San Francisco, California area :us:
Thank you

I’m also a maybe for now due to working in healthcare but want to go to one I’ve missed it every time. Will put it on my calander and hopefully get off work.

Hi ! I plan on being there :slight_smile: thank you so much for setting this up!

I’m interested in this!

I plan to attend!!

I’m planning to be there! Probably won’t be able to attend the lunch, but I’ll be there for the meetup!

@JShue12 and I both would like to attend.

Definitely interested!

Definitely add me to the list!

It’s a little far out still for me to know my schedule for sure, but I think I can make it and would definitely like to attend if I can.

1 Like

Possibly able to attend :slight_smile: I will likely know at the end of August/beginning of September. Thanks for hosting this.

1 Like

I would love to attend as I had missed the previous meetup. I will confrim in september closer to the day/by the time it is required to confirm my attendance.

I do have one question as I have never attended a meetup, what does it mean to sign postcards? Shall I bring some additional postcards that I won’t be mailing out for this purpose?

Hi there! Usually the host will offer special meetup postcards for purchase or gratis that all the attendees sign. Which means on the written portion of the postcard (left side) you can stamp or sign by hand your username. My recommendation is to purchase a small custom username stamp from Etsy or elsewhere prior to attending any meetups. A huge portion of any meetup is chatting and stamping/“signing” hundreds of cards! Therefore, to avoid writers cramp a username stamp is a lifesaver and time saver. :wink:

No, is the answer to your second question. Usually people bring additional unwritten postcards to trade/swap, postcards to mail to themself or whomever or pre-written/stamped official postcards to send from a new location. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Yes! Thank you so much for the explanation I really appreciate it! Luckily I do have a stamp with my username that I utilize for another hobby and have the same username for, so I will certainly bring that as well :smile:

1 Like

Hi! I’m interested in attending as well. Thank you!

I’m interested in attending. I would like to know what the parking situation is like at the museum or is it better to take the subway and if so, what stop is closest?

1 Like

@IrisMD - The website says there is street parking near the museum. If you are taking the Metro take the Red Line to Union Station. Leave through the Massachusetts Avenue exit. As you get off the escalator, the National Postal Museum will be to your left.

You can also park at Union Station if you wish to drive in.

https://postalmuseum.si.edu/location-and-directions

Just curious, do you have any updates on a meetup postcard?

1 Like