Not registering cards as "punishment" method?

If they’re doing that, that’s a shame. It’s not playing fairly, it’s not a kind thing to do. If you know of someone doing this, you should let the admins know.

1 Like

The official one I did inform the admins. In the forum … I just don´t tag the person anymore.

That is so sad. Because it´s just a card and not the person behind it. Once I became from a newbie a war postcard and I am very against war… so I wrote him a very temperd message and until today he is one of my bests and most loyals pen pales =)
So everyone should register everything, it´s just fair!

1 Like

According to postcrossing’s rules, you can have preferences, but you cannot make demands. It is not obligatory for the sender to choose a postcard according to your preferences. It’s just that most postcrossers, look at the receiver’s list of what he/she would like to get and choose the right one. Still, if a card doesn’t match your taste, it is obligatory to register it upon receival. The only bad thing is that it is very hard to prove if somebody doesn’t want to register the postcard or if it hasn’t yet arrived. Some users, “hide” behind the postal services and claim they didn’t receive it, so you are forced to send another. It has happened before…

You can see how “nice” some postcrossers are, when their cards are not registered for a long time. Some begin to complain that the addresses justcregister in batches every fournight or that they have not registered for months now - not knowing and obviously not caring about the reason, although the addressee might be severely ill or even dead.

3 Likes

The thing is that it cannot be proven. Or at least, it is hard to be proven

1 Like

@RalfH, we are not talking about people who may be ill or even dead. We are talking about people who deliberately choose not to register a postcard claiming they don’t like it. Or claim they never received because they don’t like the postcard.

2 Likes

You rule me without understanding my posting at all and without caring abot my references although I quoted them!
By the way: How many persons are nikos8109 that you write “we”?

I don’t rule you. I am saying my opinion. I understood your posting very well

By the way is this really the point? How many nikos8109 exist? Seriously? And i am supposed to be ruling you? Wow! How mature of you to start an argue…

Everyone, please, let’s keep the conversation going in a civil and friendly manner. Keep in mind that English is not a native language for many people here so misunderstandings can happen, often unwillingly.

8 Likes

I have heard from a fellow postcrosser that a receiver of the postcard sendt a message that the postcard was received, but would not be registered as it was not among the receiver’s favorites (or something liked this). The problem was resolved, but usually none of us really know why the postcard is not registered; lost in the mail; the receiver has lost the interest of PC and doesn’t care to register received postcards, doesn’t like the received postcards etc,

1 Like

Wrong! Ce n’est pas la vie! Go and get some postcards and, for the future, make sure that you always have some at hand when drawing addresses!

1 Like

Absolutely! I’ve corrected my ways! Live and learn right?

Funny you mention that because I also re sent them all actual postcards because I felt bad for sending them stationary! :sweat_smile:

Oof, this sounds like an absolutely dreadful thing to do. I don’t think people have done that to my cards though, there’s only one card of mine that really never arrived to the recipient and even got deleted after traveling for more than a year.

I think there are more people who believe that some people don’t register the cards they don’t like than people who actually do use non-registering as a punishment method.

In the old forum, I would often read “This person didn’t registered my card, it’s probably cause it didn’t fit their wishes”. But why would you think that? When my cards don’t get registered, I simply imagine that they didn’t arrive. I have no way of knowing if the person liked my card or not, unless they register it with a “I didn’t like your card” message.

11 Likes

I always thought they just didnt arrive. Thats why this theory hit me so hard! :laughing:

My expired cards seem to follow a pattern so I hardly believe in some conspiracy against my chosen card. More often is new members or specific countries.

4 Likes

I’m guilty of not registering a card. I moved cities (and provinces) in 2014 and my move was rather complicated. Somehow, an unregistered card made its way to a box I didn’t check until this summer (pandemic cleaning, anyone?). I feel terrible! I hope the person doesn’t think I didn’t want to register it on purpose. They didn’t include their name or username, and it’s very much expired, so I don’t know who they are. I mentioned it on my official profile, I hope they see it one day and reach out to me so I can send a thank you/sorry postcard back.

2 Likes

Once I received a postcard traveled over 1 year,which I can’t register and I’m not able to find the sender either,so I ask the admin for help,and they helped me to find the sender in the end.:slight_smile: I wrote a thank-you message to the sender and wanna send a thank-you card back,but no reply.

@truenorth_49
You can try this if you like,

and choose a topic

and tell them about the card you received,if it has ID,it would be much easier for them to find the sender I guess.

3 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like