Not receiving cards for some weeks

Hi Everyone, this is the first time that I have used the Forum so I am unaware of the response to my question. I live in Australia and have sent the amount of cards allowable but in the last two and a half months I have only received three cards. Is anyone else having this problem in Australia? It seems rather pointless to me if I don’t ever receive cards to continue buying them in anticipation of sending them to someone somewhere in the world.
Thanks.
Steve

1 Like

Hi @Zambialover and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Looking at your profile, you have the same number of cards sent and received, so you are not due any cards. When the next card you have sent will be registered, then you will be due 1 card, your address will be given to another postcrosser and in due time you will receive cards again.

Hello, I know it’s the case of some others Australians, yes… @Tinkatutu even made a lottery about that

1 Like

Hi @Zambialover and welcome to the forum.

I see that you have 79 postcards sent and 79 received now. I guess you might have received some extra postcards earlier this year, so that your number of received cards were higher than your number of sent cards. If that’s the case, the system will normally avoid adding your address back in the address pool for a while until the number of sent and received cards are equal again.

2 Likes

But why almost nothing for two and a half months? I try and send a card weekly because of the restrictions and the spacing out helps. I have to assume I will suddenly get swamped with a lot of cards like I did in August. I have been told by Admin that because if my sending amount is the same as the receiving amount then everything is Okay but doesn’t that mean you will never ever receive or send a card again as it must be equal?

1 Like

To receive a card, your sent cards number must be bigger than your received cards number. Now they are equal.

Do you have any cards travelling to their destinations at the moment? If so, when one of these card gets registered, your sent cards number will be 80 and received 79, so you will be due one card and your address will be given out to another postcrosser to send a card to you.

I assume that in August you had many more received cards then sent? That’s why you are not receiving any cards now, you received them “in advance”, so to speak.

1 Like

Hi,
Also sending from Australia.
I started with PC 2.5 months ago, full of energy. So far I have sent 13 cards. 9 sent and 5 travelling.
One is travelling for 66 days (expired) and another for 44 days…
So far I have received only 2 cards.
I have to say it feels a bit disapponting…

2 Likes

It must be so frustrating for you. I can remember how slow it was at first, but being closer to other countries, much faster than you’re experiencing. I hope you stick with it, because you will eventually experience the joy of receiving some lovely post in your mail box. I hope some of the postcards that are on their way to you arrive soon.

2 Likes

Thanks Florallle.

1 Like

That seems to be the way with me too Fostis. Suddenly yesterday two of my cards were received,one in the States after 54 days I think and the other in Lithuania after around 60. I suspect Australia Post has a lot to do with this hold up as they are a disgrace at the moment.

Hey Steve…I’m in Oz too and my cards are going nowhere fast…in either direction. Not even to NZ…that card took three weeks…just to cross the ditch!

I’m very hopeful that with our borders re-opening that more planes might mean faster mail. In the absence of very much patience (I’m really trying :grimacing:), I’m opting for hope. And I’m also dabbling in lotteries, tags and swaps. I’ve written close to ten cards this week. So one day I’m going to find my postbox overflowing!!!

Fingers crossed you start receiving some happy mail soon too :+1:t2:.

I feel like my sent cards have been moving really slow these past few weeks. I have 2 USA cards at 24 days! I am catching up on my received cards, but I am waiting patiently for my slots to open up to send!

1 Like

Me too. I have been sending cards but received zero card in October. I dont know what happen.

Same for you, @Momoftwo : You have currently received more cards than you sent (being from a fairly rare country), your address was given out more often than due. If you keep sending, things will eventually equalize.

3 Likes

I’m glad I found this topic here, it is a comforting thought I’m not the only one with this problem. :sweat_smile: Especially in Australia!
No official card since half September here. :sob:

And don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy sending, but those cards don’t seem to arrive either!! The last one was registered by the postcrossing team. :confused:
And last week 3 of my travelling cards expired together (I usually send 3 or 4 cards at the same time) :tired_face:

But I felt hopeful reading this topic and I wrote some more cards today to try again! :muscle:

3 Likes

You’re probably getting cards from China, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine - that’s my guess anyway. They’re just taking a long time to get to you. Can you join some round robins in your country to tide you over?

I’ve sent 4 and not received a single card. Checked my address and everything, I receive other penpal letters, they take time but definitely nothing wrong with my addrress

Your first card was received in March, so that is the earliest the first person could have sent a card to you. It could be that your address was pulled by someone in a ‘slower’ country it took a while for it to be processed there to send out. Also, I just received a card where the sender admitted he took a almost a month to post it from the date he pulled it. Finally, Australia these days can be very slow. Not surprised the later three cards haven’t arrived yet, but they should soon.

As a non-European, I understand about waiting weeks for cards often.

4 Likes

Hi Carla :slight_smile: hello from the other side of Victoria!

Your experience so far looks to have been pretty unlucky — postcards don’t usually take as long to reach me as they are taking to reach you, but I think you’ve probably had some ‘slower’ countries (as John puts it in the above comment) pull your address so you are waiting longer. I hope you have a happy mailbox quicksticks :grinning:

1 Like

No need to be unfriendly @Wandernd!

You’ve sent five Postcrossing cards so far, and one of them to the USA (23 days), and none to Australia where the users stating that cards need long in this topic come from. Do you pull your personal statistics from private exchange?