[NOT A BUG] Wiki Editor Badge?

I don’t know if it’s a bug or not. It seems like it might be…or just a weird something-something :woman_shrugging:t2:.

It seems that you are unable to obtain the ‘Wiki Editor’ badge prior to earning ‘Regular’ status.

You can, however, edit wikis prior to earning ‘Regular’…I know this because I added data to the ‘Online Shops (wiki)’ - on multiple occasions - while I was still at ‘member’ status, but did not receive the ‘Wiki Editor’ badge. And this wiki is not a private/locked wiki either.

And then today, I earned ‘Regular’ status at some point this morning…and then was incidentally adding another line to the same wiki mentioned above…and voila! I got the ‘Wiki-Editor’ badge almost instantly!

Is this a bug…or is there some other reason for this happening?

Thank you!
Sam.

2 Likes

@paulo

After reading this post, I checked who has already received this badge, and I noticed that all the participants of my RR, who upload pictures of their received cards to a wiki (almost) every month, don’t have this badge either.

Has been settled :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I think there has to be some other reason. I got my wiki editor badge two months before becoming a regular. Also, right now there are almost 300 people who have got the wiki editor badge and less than 200 people who are regulars.

One can’t get badges from areas that aren’t visible for everyone. So I think that is why one can’t get them from RR wikies (Games and activities section has a lock icon). But Online shops wiki is in the open area, so I don’t know why you didn’t get the badge earlier. Some badges are updated only once a day, but I understood from your post, that you have edited the same wiki earlier, not just during the past 24 hours. So, I guess only the admins know the answer to this one.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, I edited the same (unlocked) wiki on four separate occasions, dating back several weeks ago now. And have only just today received the wiki-editor badge after the fourth edit today.

Ahhh, yes, I forgot that Paulo told that already months ago.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information Billie!

I guess in my case (where the wiki is visible to everyone), it’s just one of those quirky things that happens.

At least I did, finally, get the badge! I’m enjoying collecting them :grin:.

Have a lovely day!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.