[NOT A BUG] The new P.S. (postscript) message

Hi folks, just curious about the new P.S. message. I notice when I run my cursor over the word serendipity that a question mark comes up - is a definition supposed to come up too? It didn’t come up on mine.

I love the message!

Lots of folks would not necessary know what that word means. Just trying to figure out what’s supposed to happen with that question mark, thanks, Lynn

" P.S.
This is a periodic reminder that Postcrossing is about connecting, not collecting. It’s about embracing serendipity! Feel free to use profiles as inspiration, but please know that you can send any postcard you’d like or have available. Happy Postcrossing! "

4 Likes

Maybe serendipity needs a definition for non-English members?

2 Likes

English users too!

1 Like

:wink:

2 Likes

Reading this message is a serendipity.

1 Like

This non-English speaking member learned the meaning of serendipity by watching this movie :wink::upside_down_face:.
I think it’s a great word in the English language !

51XOnwIF9ML.AC_SY580

4 Likes

If you are using a regular computer with a mouse, hovering the mouse pointer over the word should indeed bring up a little tooltip with the definition: it may take a 1-2 seconds for it to show up though, depending on the web browser. Give it another go?

3 Likes

I tried a bunch of times, but no luck - it only comes up randomly when you draw an address right?

Just drew a new address now, but didn’t get the message - it could be my computer perhaps.

I love the message!

Ah, yes, the message itself only appears occasionally (every 25 postcards, or if you are on your first 10).

The functionality to check the definition is there, but it does take the 1-2s to show up, depending on the browser. It looks like this:

10 Likes

Serendipity was a noun. I learnt this word on a magazine name Redear digest.

1 Like

This non nativ English speaker simply red over the word “serendipity”, when the “PS” was on my screen.
Thank you for making me used to this nice idiom

1 Like

:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I just found Reader's Digest Select Editions: Love in Bloom, Pursuit, Serendipity, The Nine Lessons by Roberts, Sheila; Robards, Karen; Shaffer, Louise; Milne, Kevin Alan: Very Good Soft Cover (2009) | Top Notch Books-srp1--tile12&searchurl=an%3Dsheila%2Broberts%26sortby%3D17%26tn%3Dlove%2Bin%2Bbloom

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.