[RR] US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine! (Updated)

@maleko I’m glad you liked it, and the way you described it is great! I like that! And I’m glad it arrived in one piece.

1 Like

I’d love to join the next small group.

Well, that must be well past annoying! Are you giving thought to finding a new, new place?

In the meantime, I’m happy to see you still joining groups!! :smile_cat:

1 Like

I’m rapidly approaching that point…but hope that they’ll have a solution next week, and that the August 1 date will represent the final postponement. Otherwise, I might need to send out a stack of postcards asking if any of y’all have a spare bed that needs filled :yum:

1 Like

1500!

@barbl sends a card from my favorites! Michigan Cherry Pie! Thank you! I have been trying to get as many different varieties of this recipe card as possible, Right now I have 3 different ones of Michigan Cherry Pie! Thank you, cherry pie is a favorite food of mine.

@JudyFL sends a card from my favorites too! A Titanic card. I also love the nursing stamp you added. Many years ago I saw a Titanic Exhibition. The items do give a sad and eeriee feeling. Its amazing how well some of the things were preseverved. Thank yoU!

@sleepyhippo1 sends a card with succulents and their flowers. I love succulents and have quite a little collection of them. My favorite are called Bear Paws. They are so cute. Thank you for the card!

@treeclimber sends a card that matches her profile picture! A very happy smile card. Thank you. A scrapbooking road trip sounds like a great time. Someday I want to try one! Thank you!

@Appaloosa05 sends a hand painted card. Beautiful pink roses! Thank you, Roses are one of my favorites and pink is my favorite color. Pretty washi and decorations too. I hope you have a great summer and keep enjoying those summer mornings!

Thanks everyone! So many fun and interesting cards this group!

Happy morning to you and I hope you’re going to make the most of a long holiday weekend. I know our neighborhood fireworks started up last night and the parade is today. Crazy. :fireworks:

In the meantime, Group 1504 closed and I just sent that address list.

AND

I received two cards for Group 1500:

@TandemStoker sent a vintage citrus crate label for the Terra Bella brand! I love how everything used to be so wonderfully adorned - including crates of oranges. Yep, things have pretty much returned to normal, but you still see (and I still wear) masks at retail stores. Thanks for joining us in our Milestone Celebration, Shirley. I’ve missed you! :hugs:

and

@scoutingbear send a mind-bending 3D card with beautiful, brilliantly colored marine life. I love seahorses. This beauty kind of blew my scanner’s mind, but this is close. Thank you so much, Karen! :tropical_fish: :coral:

Updated - thanks, everyone! FlowerSmiley.jpg

To view USxUS Surprise Me RR Part 1, including the Guidelines, Open Groups, Traveling Groups and Closed groups, click here: [RR] 🇺🇸 US to US Surprise Me -Themeless Fun From Hawaii to Maine - We Want YOU! (Part 1) - #2 by MichelleW

2 Likes

More cards to report!

@ljbbauer sends a mincing mockingbird and quite the story!
@treeclimber sends a bunch of happy!
@lyndylou5 wow! I love this style of card also.
@TandemStoker sends a citrus label card. It’s always amazing when you can find detailed labels!
@Appaloosa05 Your painting is wonderful! I’m happy to have it

3 Likes

A couple more cards from group 1500:

@maleko - a colorful german garden that looks like a painting - I just got a couple Dorothy Sayers books at the used bookstore nearby. I’ll have to look for The Coroner’s Lunch next time I’m there.

@scoutingbear - a beautiful applique quilt of love birds - glad you and the kiddos are enjoying the library. As a kid, I lived in a small town and the library was in an older home. I loved visiting it - it smelled like books!

Thank you! Have a great weekend!

Cards for group 1504 will go out in today’s mail.

Thank you!

I just got back from the post office where I mailed all of my cards for Group 1500! :bouncing:

3 Likes

Hello, all - updating Group 1500
@MichelleW - a sparkling flag!!! It’s quite fun!
@gabi_m - Year of the Tiger - great illustration!
@ellistrations - Camel at AKasbah Ait Ben Haddou - I would love to see this place!
@clouisesz - A lady and a deer illustration
@Angeldreamer - Mount Rushmore - I’ve seen it from the air, but haven’t made it there yet - soon, I hope
@sleepykitty - A great Hello card - still hoping for some getaway time - you inspired me
@BarbL - Meredith Harbor - so pretty and love the fall colors… I have a couple of those “almost towns” - it’s strange to think how different life would be if we had!
@steresem - A fabulous Banksy card - I love the Banksy view of things! My first concert was The Dave Clark Five - yes, old!
@Ukucaitie - Michigan Map and facts - this series is so nice!
@anon68172931 - I love your grandson’s choices - I could do with a fantasy day under the sea!!
@durangirl - Louisiana State Capitol- It reminds me of the Los Angeles City Hall building!
@uconn - Carusel Horse of Mircus Illions - what a beauty.
@Cruzin - I love the Bixby Bridge and Hwy1 - I went to school at UCSB and my friend was at UCSC - always took this long way to meet!
@ljbbauer - Yarn is not hording!!! I love this card! (says she who just hauled some boxes to storage)
@treeclimber - Happy Face card - made me smile!!
@salemhouse - Minnesota map of names - I love your comments about the jargon - I try to avoid it here too!!!
@Mallowpuff - Lovely Red Riding Hood Jetoy Cat - and love the sheep stickers - I laughed! Yarn - price ouch! And, getting worse. Of course, fabric is too!
@MystiqueDeep - Lucky Peak Reservoir and dam - The amazing versatility of reservoirs!
@jeffweiss - a D&D card - this all is out of my range of knowledge - except for disciplining college students who forgot to get up in the mornings after playing all night.
@lyndylou5 - wonderful train - Yes, as a train fan, I watched Petticoat Junction, too. Ours is several miles away, but we can still see it and hear it! Love it!
@JudyFL - Au Sable Point Ligthouse - So beautiful - yes, I am having more trouble with the heat, too - ugh! the joy of aging!
@SincerelySel - Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse - this is a beautiful one!
@appaloosa05 - Poppies Hand Painted - I love these! I’m so delighted to get it!
@TandemStoker - Glacier National Park - I was there as a kid, but I hope we can go back one day…

Thank you all for the beautiful cards!

12 Likes

Group 1500
@sleepyhippo1 sent a black squirrel - I had no idea they were so common in Council Bluffs!

I believe I drew the sketch in 2008, so I don’t recall which pen I used. I’m tempted to say Faber-Castell because that’s what I mostly used during those years, but looking at the depth of color it actually looks more like it might have been one of my early attempts at using a dipped fountain pen. I got mad at Faber-Castell one day because I bought a brand new pen, then the next day spent something like 10 hours straight drawing with it. By the end of the day the tip of my pen had dried up from over-usage. I was so irritated that my pen only lasted one day (even if it was a particularly demanding day), that I decided to switch to fountain pens because they wouldn’t dry up on me, haha.

@SecretCityGrl posted: Join 1505, please!

With lots of help from @maleko, we now have an all-inclusive RR again!

You probably want to bookmark this new url.

Part 2 is gone. Part 1 will remain on the forum as “history.”

I hope everyone finds us again!! It’s been a crazy day and I’m done. I’ll update tomorrow.

giggling

4 Likes

Group 1500

Quite a pile of cards from the past 3 days:
From @JudyFL a funny burro/donkey card. I enjoyed hearing about your guinea pig and horse. My favorite book growing up was The Black Stallion, but My Friend Flicka was good too. I love the stickers and washi!

From @sleepykitty this Hello, Friend! card. Your trip to the mountains sounds amazing and wonderfully relaxing!

From @scoutingbear lovely horses running in water. Sorry your library trip wasn’t as quiet as expected. The library where I work definitely has its noisy moments, especially in the after school hours.

From @salemhouse I love this Ohio stamp card! I learned recently that there were postcards that went along with this stamp series, and now I have one, thank you! Amazing the treasures that can be found at library book sales. :slight_smile:

From @lyndylou this beautiful sunset card featuring Mount Rainier and some lovely wildflowers! I haven’t read The Paris Library, I should give it a go.

From @BarbL a fun food packaging card with a delicious looking ice cream sandwich!

From @maleko a lovely food and books shop. It sounds like you’ve lived in some wonderful places. I’ve lived in 3 different states and had wonderful experiences in each one. I think Ohio is home for the foreseeable future now.

From @TandemStoker of course I don’t mind receiving your lovely self-designed card! It’s a fun one!

Thank you for the cards everyone!

3 Likes

Group #1500

@ljbbauer Thanks for the great Charlie Harper birds. I’ve seen his postcards on other people’s walls before and always enjoyed them, but this is the first time I’ve received one :slight_smile: Congratulations on quitting :slight_smile:

1 Like

The rest of my #1500 went out in today’s mail.
Reporting from group 1500
@treeclimber a bunch of smiley faces. When I seen your card in my mail box, I instantly knew it was from you! Your trip sounds amazing.
@TandemStoker an apple pie card. I don’t mind getting duplicates. I have not tried junk journaling yet. But I’ve saved several posts on Pinterest on them.
@Appaloosa05 a beautiful waterfall card. Did you paint this? I have 2 cats and a Guinea pig too!
@JudyFL macaws at the Tampa zoo. I’m glad I don’t have to give my Guinea pig hair cuts! Love the Elmo stamp and sticker
@lyndylou5 an interesting bee card. Tumwater falls sounds amazing

Thank you everyone for the great cards

2 Likes

Looking at the traveling lists… 1480 I’ve received all! :relaxed:

1 Like

Group 1500:

@BarbL, judging from this picture, I’d like it in the Bahamas too! Thanks very much!

@Appaloosa05, did you make this gorgeous card? Thank you for this, and for your beautiful description of summertime in Ohio!

1 Like