New Stamps issued in 2024

Thank you for your concern. Didn’t knew that, but basically I said that I like them :slight_smile: but yes I can see that they could see my comment different. I edited it.

These stamps will be released next year. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

34 Likes

I have no idea even Posti is issuing matrix code together with their stamp!

Oh nooo… Finnish stamps are one of my favourite!!! :see_no_evil: :smiling_face_with_tear:

9 Likes

I dislike most of these USPS stamps, a dreary year ahead. The green $1 is great, this new one is boring. Saul Bellow not bad as a replacement for LeGuin. Guess all these flowers are for the wedding invitations crowd …

In addition to the Dragon Year Memorial Stamps mentioned above:

China Post also issued a stamp variety called Dragon Year Celebration Stamps:

And a stamp for normal postcard:

And stamps for maximum postcard:

And a stamp for lettercard:

And a stamp for stamped envolope:

Quite a big family! I love the stamps for maximum postcard best. Which one do you love best? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

20 Likes

Love the dragon year celebration round shaped stamp with the dragon in it the most. But many more other lovely stamps too. Hope to be able to receive many of these

1 Like

Upcoming Norwegian stamps:

I’m looking forward to the blood and organ donation ones. It was actually an idea I sent to them, though I don’t know if they were already doing them. Wonder what festivals they choose, too.

2 Likes

Japan Post :jp: Miffy
issued on January 17th
(I love Miffy, so I’m very excited!!)

26 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Stamps issued in 2023

ohhh s… we did a terrible mistake. Here is impossible to know about stamps 2024, our apologies, we are going to erase that message.

Italy :it: 2024 stamp issue program, updated november 17, 2023
Finally there’ll be one dedicated to Postcrossing :smiley:

For number of stamps and issue dates, refer to original document:

There’ll be asu usual many updates along the year, see Programma di emissione delle carte-valori postali per l’anno 2024 on this page:

1. Carlo Melograni (architect), centenary of his birth

2. J.R.R. Tolkien

3. Winx Club (cartoon)

4. Giuseppe Tatarella (politician), 25th anniversary of his death

5. Happy Days (TV serie), on the 50th anniversary

6. Giovan Battista Basile (poet)

7. Villa Madama Agreements (update of the Lateran Treaty of 1929), on the 40th anniversary, joint issue with the Vatican City

8. Saint Thomas Aquinas, on the 750th anniversary of his death

9. Italo Celestino Foschi (founder of the “Roma” football team), on the centenary of his birth

10. stamps dedicated to the strength of women: Elena Gianini Belotti (writer, teacher, and activist); Alfonsina Strada (cyclist, first woman to compete in the Giro d’Italia); Maria Plozner Mentil (carrier during WWI, in Carnia region)

11. Franco Basaglia (psychiatrist - he promoted the dismantling of psychiatric hospitals), on the centenary of his birth

12. first law about patents, on the 550th anniversary

13. National Day of Made in Italy

14. historical theatres: the Greek theater of Syracuse, on the 110th anniversary of the first cycle of classical shows; the theater of Lecce; the theater of Volterra; the theater of Segesta; the Suasa theater

15. Eleonora Duse (theater actress), on the centenary of her death

16. Guglielmo Marconi (radio pioneer), on the 150th anniversary of his birth

17. coexistence between peoples: the fall of the Gorizia wall, on the 20th anniversary, joint issue with Slovenia

18. Italian Rugby Federation

19. National Bersaglieri Association, on the centenary

20. Association of Italian Catholic Guides and Scouts - AGESCI, on the 50th anniversary of its foundation

21. National Archaeological Museum of Tarquinia, on the centenary of the institution

22. world tour of the Amerigo Vespucci ship (school ship of the italian Navy)

23. Mike Bongiorno (well known TV presenter), on the centenary of his birth

24. independent Authorities: National Commission for Companies and the Stock Exchange - CONSOB, on the 50th anniversary; Transport Regulatory Authority – ART; Communications Regulatory Authority – AGCOM; Guarantor Authority for Children and Adolescents – AGIA

25. Giacomo Matteotti (politician - kidnapped and murdered by fascist in 1924 for his speech against the regime), on the centenary of his death

26. Antoniano of Bologna (charity institute)

27. XIX World Kendo Championships

28. Libero Grassi (entrepreneur - killed by the organized crime), on the centenary of his birth

29. Marcello Mastroianni (actor), on the centenary of his birth

30. Guardia di Finanza (police force fighting against financial crime and smuggling), on the 250th anniversary of the institution

31. radio and television in Italy: the first radio broadcast, on the centenary; the first television broadcast, on the 70th anniversary

32. Egyptian Museum of Turin, on the bicentenary of its foundation

33. Vespa (iconic italian scooter) Club of Italy

34. World Savings Day, on the centenary of the first edition, and to Maffeo Pantaleoni (economist), on the centenary of his death

35. Italy as Guest of Honor 2024 at the Frankfurt International Book Fair

36. Alberto Manzi (teacher - well remembered for his TV program in the '60s “It’s never too late” for literacy of old aged people), on the centenary of his birth

37. World Science Day: Giovanni Caselli (anthropologist); Alessandro Cruto (pioneer of incandescent light bulb); Camillo Golgi (mìbiologist and pathologist); Lorenzo Respighi (astronomer), on the bicentenary of his birth; Nazareno Strampelli (agronomist)

38. Giacomo Puccini (operas composer), on the centenary of his death

39. Sante Zennaro (he lost his life at the young age of 23 to save 94 pupils who had been taken hostage along with three teachers)

40. villages of Italy - Tourist series: Trescore Balneario, Pescocostanzo, Stilo, Codrongianos, Scicli

41. A roundabout on the sea: Senigallia, Rimini, Lignano Sabbiadoro, Ostia

42. cities of Italy: Jesolo; Imperia; Pesaro - italian capital of culture; Genoa - european capital of sport; Trento - european capital of volunteering

43. Renazzo meteorite, on the bicentenary of its fall

44. World Nature Day - italian parks: Nebrodi Park, Lombardy Park of the Ticino Valley, Portovenere Regional Park, Sila National Park

45. Historic Hospitals: S.Maria Nuova Hospital in Florence, Ss. Giovanni e Paolo Civil Hospital in Venice, Ca’ Granda Maggiore Policlinico Hospital in Milan, Santo Spirito in Sassia Hospital of Rome, Incurable Hospital – MAS of Naples

46. La Gioconda

47. University of Naples “Federico II”, on the 800th anniversary of its foundation; University of Trieste, on the centenary of its foundation; University of Florence, on the centenary of its foundation

48. Postcrossing (finally, after many years!!) :tada:

49. beekeeping

50. Luce Archive (film archive), on the centenary

51. Italian entrepreneurship: Cartiere Paolo Pigna (paper mill); Campane Marinelli Foundry (bells); Damiani (jewels); Pineider (artisanal luxury stationery); Balma, Capoduri & C. (office products); Eridania Italia (sugar factory); Pellegrini; Cooperativa Ceramica d’Imola (ceramic)

52. Association of Historical Brands of Italy

53. Arte Fiera - Bologna (modern and contemporary art fair)

54. Pachino Tomato PGI Protection Consortium

55. Italian Presidency of the G7

56. Venice Foundation for the search for Peace, on its 25th anniversary, joint issue with the Vatican City

57. Italian world champion cyclists: Libero Ferrario, Ercole Baldini, Vittorio Adorni, Felice Gimondi

58. European Athletics Championships in Rome 2024

59. Kobe Bryant

60. postal stamps (special edition)

61. timeless world of railways: Vigezzina-Centovalli Railway (linking Domodossola IT to Locarno CH); Circumetnea railway (around mount Etna); Sestri Levante railway station; Chieri Cambiano Trofarello railway section

62. LIS - Italian Sign Language

63. Marsilio Ficino (philosopher)

64. Tower of Pisa

65. Italian communities in the world

66. bilingual Italian towns

67. Stefano D’Orazio (drummer)

68. Edison (italian electric utility), on the 140th anniversary of its foundation

69. Monaci guide (business intelligence service)

8 Likes

Wow. Look forward to these

4 Likes

Wooow!! Congratulations, I hope that the Italian Postcrossing stamp will reach to many users over the next years :heart_eyes: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

Yes - they are for Priority Mail and Express Mail, so that is why they cost much more than a standard First Class stamp.

1 Like

I want no. 68 Edison! :laughing:

Spain 2024
Stamp Poscrossing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

These models will only be sold in Madrid

18 Likes

wow that is cool… wonder if I will be lucky to receive it one day… but when it is only sold at Madrid stamp selling machines… I fear chances are little

6 Likes

Is there permission to use this Postcrossing logo?
Finland once almost had a postage stamp with this logo, but it was not published, as there was no permission asked.

Somehow I remembered earlier stamp had this, but it was just normal text, so I wonder does any Postcrossing stamp have this official logo?

1 Like

The image I show is just a sketch, it has not yet gone on sale and the final image is not known

1 Like

I think there should be permission to have it on the sketch too.

(I know it’s not by you :hugs: , just to help to get proper and “legal” postcrossing stamp (Finnish didn’t do it at all when they couldn’t use the logo, in the newer one, and I’m sad about that))

Maybe it never is on stamps, because it can’t be on items that are sold?

@meiadeleite just checking if you know about this above stamp sketch ^ and you have agreed to it

2 Likes