New “Dear Journalist” challenge! July/August destination: Norway 🇳🇴

I’m sending one of my favorite Bochum cards to Norsk Filatelistforbund, edited the wiki already. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes! Just choose one (or more, if you’d like) and write them a postcard to let them know about Postcrossing! Let us know in this topic which one’s you’ve picked, so we can more or less keep track and spread out our mailings. :slight_smile:

I haven’t had the chance to send mine last weekend, but I hope I can get to it this week.

1 Like

I posted to Nationen, and KK!

2 Likes

I’ve added Bergensavisen, the smaller of the two local papers in Bergen, and the more likely to write something about things like this.

1 Like

Ok! I’ve written postcards to NRK, Radio Norge, Dagsavisen, Verdens Gang, Dagbladet and Norge Rundt and added my :heavy_check_mark: to the wiki. Next weekend I’ll write some more. We can do this! :muscle:

I’ve added the main branches of the public libraries in the four largest cities, as they may be willing to host exhibitions or talks.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your research! I’m going to spread the word about this challenge this week, so that more postcrossers come and participate :slight_smile:

1 Like

I posted to DN, Adresseavisen, RB and Bergensavisen.

2 Likes

Six postcards from Dallas, Texas USA headed to the post to support this effort!
Sending some eye-catching American punk album covers (to the radio stations :musical_note:) and “greetings from” with a special HOWDY from this postcross-er. Hope this helps with media coverage and adding more Norwegian members :norway:

1 Like

G’day / Yuuma-

Should this not be translated for us to write them in Norsk (Norwegian)? Friendly Norway postcrossers would be better than google translate!

I’d think writing in even a bit of Bokmål the least we postcrossers can politely do from where we live elsewhere on the planet… not everyone we’re writing will speak Engelsk (English). There are parts of Australia where English is the 4th or so language- I mean indigenous Australia here but there are pockets all over where this is the case.

Yerrabi (bye)! (Ngunnawal language should be used on Ngunnawal country)

1 Like

It’s not necessary at all to write this in anything but English. Everyone who’s of working age today has had some English at school, and as this is to show off an international hobby, it would be weird if they got the message in Norwegian.

3 Likes

G’day / Yuuma- Ticked those these are going to already but here’s a selection of domestic Aussie stamps winging their way the only way possible to overseas… on a maxicard! (One of the aussie postie front line hero stamps is off to the stamp collecting address supplied- seemed appropriate!)

Yerrabi / Bye!

3 Likes

I send these Germany map cards to the libraries in Oslo and Bergen :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I sent a postcard from a meetup to NRK1 (radio station) and the program Nitimen/reiseradioen, and I was contacted today and asked if I would like to have a short talk about Postcrossing tomorrow morning (2-4 minutes). I said yes to that.

This is a link to the radio program, but I’m not sure if it will be available outside Norway (I do know that tv is not available outside Norway).

19 Likes

I reckon people have already started registering, 30 mins after interview aired! We’d lost some members compared to Ana’s first post when I last checked, but now we’re up 13.

7 Likes

I loved the idea, I’m already writing here for them, one of the things I love about Norway is Black Metal Bands and Art.:heart::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I don’t know if NRK radio is geoblocked, but if it is, here’s a link to an mp3 file of @marit_la 's interview from this morning, for any Scandinavian speakers who may be blocked from playing the recording on NRK’s website.

3 Likes

Hurraaaaaay! :tada:

I still don’t understand a word of Norwegian, but we’re up 24 new members from Norway in the last 24 hours, so I would say @marit_la’s postcard (and interview) have been a success! Well done!

Let’s keep it up and write to a few more of these — hopefully we’ll manage to get some more attention from the Norwegian media until the end of the month! :muscle:

10 Likes

I had no problem to listen to the program from Sweden.

Great, good to know!