Need help from Russian users? Ask here!

P.S.
I forgot to chose a card. I manage swap for МОСКВА and САНКТ-ПЕТЕРБУРГ card. Any other card will be OK. Let it be a surprise,

Hi everyone
I’m tidying up some boxes of older cards and sorting them into categories. But I found this one, that makes me unsure. I would like to know what/where this is, if anyone can help.
Front of card:

Back of card:

Grateful for any help. :blush:

1 Like

Maybe this one? Monument to the Sunken Ships - Wikipedia
And the inscription is translated: “Jenya, you know this monument very well”

1 Like

That’s the one! Thank you so much for your help. :blush:

1 Like

Privet, greetings from Japan.

I read someone in Russia mentioned of this poet, Boris Ryzhy, on Postcrossing who very sadly commited suicide as her favourite.

Could someone translate a couple of poems by him ?

Thank you!

1 Like

I have never heard of this poet before, but tried to google. It turned out there is film about him, made by a director from the Netherlands. You can watch it on youtube:

The film is in Russian and with English subtitles. On minute 33 there starts a poem, so you can listen to the original sound and read the English translation.

4 Likes

@miriginger
Thank you so much!

Hello Russian Postcrossers!

I received a lovely postcard a few days ago, but have no idea where it came from. At first I thought it was from a tag through the forums, but after going through my PMs, I don’t believe it is from one of the tags. After turning to the forums for help in this post, it seems like it’s unlikely to be a case of missing Postcrossing ID either.

I’ve attached an image of the front of the postcard in the hopes that someone will recognize it.

Thank you in advance!

Update (Nov 4): The postcrosser and tag have been identified!

2 Likes

I found this postcard set at a thrift shop and was wondering what it said, and what the symbol on the back meant. I found what Beriozka meant through Wikipedia, but I would be grateful to someone who could translate or just describe what the back text means. I’m assuming it’s a summary of Russian history based on the dates?

Thanks in advance :smile:

2 Likes

Hello!)) You’re partly right, it’s history, but not of the whole country, only Moscow’s. It mostly tells how beautiful is the capital of Russia (Soviet Union for that moment) and highlights the main historical events that took place there or affected it.
You can use Google lens for translation of the whole text)
P. S. And wow! Was it really sold at Beriozka shops?! Fascinating…)

3 Likes

Hi :slight_smile:
It’s the cover of a set of postcards (18 pieces), printed in 1987.
There must have been beautiful photos with Moscow views.
Did you buy only the cover? Were there any postcards?

3 Likes

I am not sure if it is the right place…

I had a chance to try Russian cookies in Germany and I would like a recipe for SUSHKI and BARANKI.

I know how to make them. The cookies are similar to Italian taralli. The ingredients are the most important.

Does anybody have a recipe?

I’ve never cooked them, so I haven’t got a recipe, but I found this video with English subtitles. I hope it will help you to cook sushki.

2 Likes

Sushki and baranki are made at factories and we buy them in grocery stores. I’ve never heard of them being made at home…

5 Likes

She said: your country has nice talents. From all my soul.

Forget it. Only from factory. Find Russian store in your area.

We need edit: Home is where table with Cake :cake:

This is my moms home town: Sevastopol. Crimea ( where Black Sea). Monument is: drifted ships monuments. About First World War. It’s started from Sevastopol city, ships was drifted to make harder enter to city. Best city in the World… back of the card has text: Name, then “you know the monument very good” So someone sent this card before to someone

@ michellecurry Прошу прощения, но вы не правы. Памятник посвящен совершенно другой войне.
Монумент сооружён в 1905 г. к 50-летию Первой обороны Севастополя во время Крымской войны 1855, во время которой были затоплены русские парусные корабли.

3 Likes

Да, перепутала. Первая Мировая война