Need help from Russian users? Ask here!

I sent you a message :relaxed:

Need help please!

I sent an official card in an envelope to a Postcrosser in Russia in March - I used a tracked service as I was curious to see where the lengthy delays between UK and Russia are occurring.

Since 24 April the envelope has had the status as follows:

Russian Federation, [city, postcode]
Unsuccessful delivery attempt, Addressee not available

What is the usual procedure with the Russian Postoffice? Will they have left a card for the user to arrange to have it redelivered or to go collect it?

The card is still not registered and I am worried that if it is not collected it will be sent back to the UK soon… In this case it will just be destroyed as I didn’t include a return address for Privacy reasons.

Thanks in advance for any insight :+1:

1 Like

The “unseccessful delivery attempt” means that it arrived at the post office and is waiting for collection. The post office is supposed to put a notice (izveschenie) to the addressee’s mailbox, but from my experience they do not do that. So I think your addressee does not know about the postcard. Try message them the track code of your postcard.

4 Likes

Sincere thanks for the advice and information :+1:I’ve messaged them.

1 Like

Hello . I wanted to ask what should I do when I received an Ukrainian address where the person calls us Russian terrorists ? Personally I never contact user before sending a postcard but in this case I did decide to do that . So the person answered and said " if you are Russian I don’t want a postcard from you " I did contact postcrossing about it 2 times already to know what should I do in this case since the person won’t register my postcard in any case and also asks for charity but that’s another topic . But the problem is I don’t have any answer from postcrossing either

Hello! I think you have to wait a bit for an answer from the postcrossing team. They have lots of requests of different kind, so it takes time to react. This profile should definitely be reported.

2 Likes

thank you I will wait a bit longer then but hope that this issue will be resolved . Regarding reporting the profile I did wrote to them that they ask for money on their PayPal account as well but don’t know how this will resolve this

Hello! Some days ago I received this postcard from Russia. It depicts Svetlogorsk but was sent from Samara. I would love to thank the person who sent it, but unluckily they did not sign the card, and I could not figure out who sent it to me :frowning:
Maybe you can help?

2 Likes

Hello, Irene! I think it would be faster to ask postcrossing team for help. They usually can help finding the lost id (if it was an official card, of course) .

1 Like

I have already asked them, and they said it is not an official card
It may be from a private swap or a tag here on the forum, but I didn’t find any clue among the messages in my post box :frowning:

1 Like

Hello again so I did wait for an answer from postcrossing but is already 12-13 days since I contacted them and I still don’t have an answer also the user from Ukraine doesn’t answer anymore since she understood that I’m originally from Russia . But she still has the PayPal account on her profile as well . If you ask why I don’t share the profile I doubt that will help

So that your postcard does not hang like a dead weight, write the address in English, and something neutral. Do not write your nickname. And feel free to send :slight_smile: . The recipient will register it on the machine.

her address is in English but do you think postcrossing is the place to ask for PayPal donations ?

I think on forum if there was a link somewhere, it would be reported and deleted as spam/advertising, but it’s better to ask admins :woman_shrugging: I see links to charities and other similar sites on profiles here and there (even in official banners there is red cross ad), so it might be allowed (but if the paypal donations is not a charity or other type of aid, but for exact individual, in my view, it’s breaking the rules a bit - because it can be fraud etc.) - for faster response you may ask about paypal donations in help section of the forum, there admins will see it sooner and answer promtly

This is what I wonder as well I mean she wrote she is buying food for animals on the street which is good but how can I be sure if it’s for that . I wrote postcrossing for the 3th time and I leaved out the country and profile I received an answer really fast and was told to share the profile so they can check as well now I have to wait and see

1 Like

Hello all! I’m looking for users from a specific area (Chevboksary). If you’re from here and willing to help me out, please shoot me a message! :slightly_smiling_face:

Всем здравствуйте! Ищу пользователей из определенного района (Чевбоксары). Если вы из Чевбоксар и хотите мне помочь, напишите мне! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@kissthebeehive, try to contact @LadyQQQ or @miriginger.
Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Все привет. Ищу эти открытки :slight_smile:

Мой обменник:

Хорошего дня,
Маша

1 Like

Привет, я из города Чебоксары. Вы искали пользователей из этого города :slight_smile: Чем могу помочь?

2 Likes

Hello! Reaching out yet again for some help!

I received a lovely envelope with two cards and stamps from Olga and Valentin, dated 13.03.2023, possibly from Crimea, and am trying to find this user / these people to thank them. I know I’ve interacted with them in the past, but cannot seem to find the previous message exchange.

Do you know them / are you them!? If so, please reach out privately!

2 Likes