Mysterious Card

I think I see 49 above the word Pražky. I dont see anything on the side.

At this point we think it’s a DE-10XXXXXX49 ID, mailed May 7, from Paula/Pavla. That should be enough for the admins to track it down.

3 Likes

I didn’t publish the whole message in the forum because I thought that was not allowed.

Oh, sorry. I didn’t think about it. There was not anything special in those sentences. But still I should delete it then.
P.S. I did it without second thoughts because there’s a thread here in the forum where people help each other translate the message received. I have seen the whole back of the cards being published for translation (without the address section).

Might it be, that these invisible messages has been on top of some pile, or in the carriers cart or something, so that sun shines to it, and fades the ink away? Rain? Or touches a warm metal in a (mail) box? Some ink pens fade easily, and the blue starts to look light grey.

2 Likes

Rain could be a factor. I’ve mailed some cards during the monsoon season and I’ve been told that there was no message or the message seemed washed away. I however write all my addresses in marker pen so at least that portion stays.

1 Like

No, I don’t think message is invisible due to rain.

May be sun light affected ink. But I get many cards, why only this card got affected.

Cool. I would send request to admin site to try and locate card id.

I suspect the sender of this card is forum member. They read this topic and when they got your address they decided to give you another mystery to solve.

All my friends in this forum are hehelping me to solve this puzzle. Let us see who is first.:innocent:

1 Like

I am wondering if someone used an erasable pen to write it, like Frixion pens. These inks disappear with heat.

But I think you can bring them back with cold - have you tried putting it into the freezer? :smiley:

1 Like

I agree - it was probably written using a frixion pen and the heat made the ink disappear! That is quite common with those pens. That is why they recommend to never sign a contract with those pens, or other important documents.

I agree, my first thought were those pens, too.

I’ve heard, that they can be made visible again, by putting the paper/card in the fridge or freezer.

Maybe that helps?

Now the last numbers look like 39. Well, the last number is very probably a 9, in any case.

I kept the card in freezer and it gives impression of card ID on top left corner possible from CZ chez republic .180***

1 Like

I have submitted request to admin of site, even they are still searching since last few hours.

Its almost 48 hours, since my request to admin for card ID.even they seem to got stuck up and no result so far.

I also tried in search for user Paula/Pavla in Chez Republic but only one user and she has not logged in last 6 years. Even in Germany search there is no such user.

So the mystery remains unsolved.:thinking:

@monarja is this still unsolved?

Yes, the card ID was located by postcrossing site after three days. I think I had already clarified in this forum.

The card was written with some ink, which disappeared due to heat. I kept the card in freezer for few hours, could read the message very faintly.