My favorite topic - SPACE EXPLORATION 🚀🛰️

I almost forgot this stamp from 1960. It is technically a space stamp, but it is not something that I like to have in my space collection :grin: anyway, it is a, space stamp and I would like to have this collection complete. I am still missing two or three old space stamps, so I will put them here later when I have them.

The moon landing - a set of two quite a big stamps

2 Likes

The issue of 1970.

3 Likes

Mercury and Messenger. Not the most attractive design ever issued, but still nice to have space exploration represented

2 Likes

I didn’t know about this messenger stamp. Thank you :+1: and I also don’t have A. Shepard. If here is somebody able to swap these, please let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, here are some must-have stamps from Poland :money_mouth_face: :

“Poland in space” set is issued as four traditional stamps. Each of them is devoted to space missions in the framework of international projects that have significant Polish contribution. The stamps were released in the traditional version on December 6, 2022. At the turn of January and February 2023, the “Poland in space” stamps set will be issued in an electronic version as crypto stamps of Poczta Polska.

There are four stamps on one sheet. Roch Stefaniak is the author of the designs of all the stamps that are based on Bartosz Morawski’s graphics.

The first stamp depicts EarthCARE, an Earth observation mission organized by the European Space Agency (ESA) in collaboration with the Japan Space Agency (JAXA) and Japan’s National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT).

The second stamp is dedicated to the BRITE-Constellation - an ongoing space mission built by a consortium of three countries, Canada, Austria, and Poland, each operating two BRITE satellites. The stamp shows the satellites: Lem (launched on November 21, 2013) and Heweliusz (launched on August 19, 2014).

The third stamp is dedicated to the PROBA program of the European Space Agency. It demonstrates technologies for satellite platforms and payloads.

The fourth stamp shows the space elements of OPS-SAT, which is the first mission of the European Satellite Operations Center (ESOC) to be carried out on a CubeSat satellite. Its main purpose is to test new standards for data exchange between the satellite and the ground segment. Polish experts are responsible for the development of the entire mission on-board software, control and failure detection systems, for the implementation of the new data exchange standard and for one of the two key OPS-SAT payloads - the CCSDS protocol converter. The launch of this mission took place in December 2019.

4 Likes

Thank you very much, these are really must have. Poland have a very long and interesting history of space stamps. I have quite a lot of them, so maybe I can start with Poland right after Czechoslovakian / Slovakian / Czech stamps :slight_smile: I would be happy if someone will add those that I don’t have.

2 Likes

In addition to issuing space themed stamps, the USPS used to sell postcards featuring stamp images. I buy these packets whenever I find them,
here are some cards from the America in Space set

9 Likes

NASA postcard set.

7 Likes

I have today rcvd via ebay a bunch of cards bought by a British tourist in the seventies…new/unused

So thrilled

4 Likes

I have used these stamps often, had sheets of them but almost gone now

7 Likes

That is a really beautiful collection of space currency note and stamps. Really nice.

Oh yeah that is a really beautiful well made set of space stamps by Poland. I just got my issue earlier this month.

1 Like

New space mission’s logo in 2023

4 Likes

Minisheet on Solar System

9 Likes

Some of Indonesian Space related stamps (click to see pictures) :

The Palapa Satellites

Other Indonesian satellites

Bosscha Observatory

The Solar System

2 Likes

Thank you very much for keeping this topic alive. After graduation, I will definitely continue :point_up:

I love the Indian solar system sheet and I am happy owner of it. I would love to add these Indonesians space stamps to my album :blush:

“The journey to the moon”, to be issued tomorrow by PostNL.

NB The 10th stamp, the moon (the circle shape), is missing. PostNL wants to issue this when around 2025 another person has been on the moon.

5 Likes

21:22 10 May 2023 Tianzhou VI lunch out.

3 Likes

I’m new to stamps, but I got these today in a grab bag of unused vintage stamps. It was issued in 1960 and it features the Echo satellite. Definitely my favorite find in the bag, I think it’s really neat.

6 Likes

The new Greek stamp for the 20th anniversary of HellasSat communication satellites (inland rate up to 20 g).

2 Likes