Multiple profile postcrossers

I could not handle more than one account, but I would not begrudge anyone who does more. I agree one should write more than “happy postcrossing” because if you are going to share a postcard, you should want share a bit more about your country or why you picked that card to send.

2 Likes

To a one multiple profiler I sent normal message, and they only complained in their hurray for me writing too long, very angry, mean message (which I now would report). The second time I got their address, I wrote only happy postcrossing, with huge letters, which they liked and wrote a nice hurray :smile: You really never know what is liked, so just keep yourself happy (within the rules), and if the other one is happy too, that’s a bonus.

4 Likes

Having two or three accounts - out of thousands in one particular country - is not causing imbalance, imho. Having a hundred accounts and use them mainly for sending, that would mean an imbalance.

I just noticed, at least I didn’t mention the countries where “my” multiple profiles have been, did I?

Anyways I’d like this being equal place and multiple profiles from each country being equally not welcomed. And I’m not starting questioning why “in reality” (?) the multiple profiles are strongly discouraged when there are already reasons given; I respect that and “believe” the reasons and info there is. Maybe there’s more, but already these (not to get each others addresses) is very good to me.
(Showing they at least try to keep member’s addresses a little safe :+1: )

2 Likes

Postcrossing makes it clear that they discourage users from having multiple accounts. Perhaps they should reconsider that rule if they wish to not enforce it.

I have since sent a postcard to the user with multiple accounts. I will make a prediction that it will be in travel mode for quite some time before it is registered with the same message I received when the first postcard was registered.

3 Likes

I didn’t think you were allowed to have more than one account?

3 Likes

This thread addresses that issue:

1 Like

I admit that Postcrossing disapproves. The guildlines said so:

We occasionally tolerate that one person holds more than one account if within a reasonable amount, and only if we see strong evidence of proper usage. But, we still do not welcome such practices and we strongly discourage anyone from doing it.

It’s not my original purpose to promote multiple accounts per person, but I do hope: when people have to send much more cards to China and have to wait for much more times than to Europe/US, please consider many Chinese members’ constant passion at the situation in last 10 months, some of them have been waited their cards for 4 or 5 times of 60 days. :heart:

5 Likes

Just out of curiosity, how many accounts does your friend have? That’s a very large postcard imbalance.

“You’re right, she has more than 1 account and run them well, and of course was stopped requesting addresses by system for several times. She has told me actually the number is 450, I jokingly said members like she deserve a prize of persistence. :laughing: I am literally unable to do so. If it seems unreal, there was a post shows a gap of almost 300.”

1 Like

I hope you talk about this in the Chinese community do you?
The ones with big difference in sent/received might end up getting a lot of cards at once, and if there is multiple profiles, it can be tiring to sort out these, and then of course also register.

bit of an update - this guy is really annoying because both cards are travelling for 56 days now and will expire soon. I presume this guy is not really interesting in registering cards which maybe don’t match his expectations.
Andy

1 Like

I would certainly put in a report regarding the Postcrosser with multiple accounts. It makes me wonder if there are any consequences for those users with multiple accounts.

If users wish to hurry the Postcrossing experience, they really should participate in trades, tags and round robins found elsewhere on this website. At least they can indulge in sending and receiving specific postcard requests.

Any profiles that articulate postcard likes and dislikes should be reported to moderators. Again, I was under the impression that users can send any available postcard they wish, and profiles can articulate subjects and interests that may guide the postcard choice.

(Depending of the country) I would contact the Postcrossing team to hear their opinion and let them know about the situation.

If all other cards travel to that country sooner, and this person isn’t able to get or register their mail, they should know about it.

Are you sure that the person is just too lazy? There couldn’t be any health issues? Postal issues?

If yes then contact the support. But it would be better if you have any evidence.

2 Likes

I think the evidence is if two cards to them aren’t registered (and I assume other cards to this country are). Contacting support doesn’t follow anything bad, but maybe if other members have same problems and reported, this person shouldn’t keep two profiles. If even one.

And if there is mail problems, health problems etc. then the team can help with inactivity, registering the cards etc.

@AndreasKiel have they registered any other cards during this time?

But this is not forbidden. A user cannot state any demands (“I won’t register any card other than…” and similar) but likes or dislikes are allowed.

Of course. A user can write what they like but the sender can send whatever they want, as long as it is a postcard. No need to fulfill any wishes.

8 Likes

I don’t think so. It happened to me too, in both ways:

Once I received a card where the user told me it’s the 3rd attempt. Infact at least one of the other cards arrived months later.

And at the moment two cards of mine are travelling to a reliable forum member and none of them arrived so far (Germany, 4 months).

It’s not always the recipient or the sender, there are so many factors on the journey.

Depending on how serious the problems are…
For example, if I were seriously ill in the hospital, I don’t want to be confronted with “problems” like postcards…

But that’s my opinion and of course anybody is free to do what they think it’ll be the best way.

3 Likes

Yes, but no harm in reporting.
It can be they are not in hospital, or cards aren’t lost.

I have had two lost cards two same person (sent different time), and I have received “second” sents, I understand sometimes it’s bad luck.

I’m not meaning that reporting this persons would mean I would accuse them, but just reason enough to check are they keeping their profiles well.

I’ve never said that.

I had a similar experience. Didn’t mind though. The postcards were a similar style but not identical and the messages were both kind, polite and unique (if brief) on each card. They’re 5 ID numbers apart 2----62 and 2----67. I don’t think I’d want it to happen a lot though, especially if it’s becoming a chore to the sender to keep up with sending all the cards.

I also don’t mind too much receiving cards from pets. Done right they’re a lot of fun. My first one was from a cat and it straight up made me laugh even before I realised it was from a cat!
A plant though. Dunno.

I have sent postcards to a single account multiple times though. The first one expired and as far as I know never arrived. Sacrificed to the Posties’ gods I guess. But later on I got an address and reading it felt very familiar so I looked up my Expired list and it was the same username! I mentioned the first card on the second but I was more surprised that I got their address twice than anything else.

small children who are learning to read and write I’m okay with sending things to. I try to pick out something colourful or cute to send and tell them about the picture to use it as a learning experience. I do the same when I draw a classroom account, though usually there I’ll get a big envelope/satchel and put in extra things like newspaper liftouts - I have a bunch about the moon landing from the anniversary and a big panorama of the Adelaide CBD.

I got one from Gordon too! Later I also got one from his mummy and I think the dog too.

Generally speaking most profiles I’ve come across that say “don’t send me X” are usually things like “Please don’t send me R rated things” or “don’t send me bugs/snakes because they scare me”, which is fine by me.
I don’t think I’ve ever come across a profile that went along the lines of “only send me this” and if I did I’d probably ignore that and send what I want anyway, which is what the guidelines say isn’t it? My own profile the only thing I ask people not to send me is pictures of their kids. Had that happen to me once and it still makes me deeply uncomfortable to think about.

2 Likes