Mrs. Ovsak's Kindergarten Postcard Project

A Facebook friend shared my project a little while back.

So far we have collected 213 postcards from 33 states and 27 countries!! We would LOVE to hear from all of you!

My kindergarten class set a goal of 700 postcards! We are still hoping to reach all 50 states and as many countries as we can! We LOVE hearing about where you live! If you know someone in my class, write their name on it. If you heard about our project though postcrossing, please add your username so I can let you know when it comes. If you heard about it though Facebook, write it on the back. If you would like to follow my Postcard project you can find us at Mrs. Ovsak’s Kindergarten Postcard Project.

We will be collecting through at least that 3rd week in May!

If you would like to help us out, send postcards to
Heidi Ovsak
808 Woodland Ave
Barron, WI 54812

9 Likes

Someone posted your address somewhere already, I think. (Unless it was Facebook or Bookcrossing that I got it from.) I’m traveling and have sent postcards so far from Albania, Croatia, Montenegro, and maybe Slovenia. I’m on my last country before returning to the USA (Italy) and will send another card if I get a chance. I think it’s a great project for kids, to help them learn a bit about the world. Kudos to you for fostering a spirit of connection and adventure among your students.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for this!! This is the first time I’ve seen the results from a project like this (and have actually seen my card!).
I hope you meet many more new friends from this project!
Sue

1 Like

Mrs. Ovsak’s Kindergarten Postcard Project (Spring 2022)

Our 2022 Kindergarten Postcard Project is officially underway! The students have set a BIG goal of getting 700 postcards overall. We also want to get at least 1 postcard from all 50 states and learn about as many different countries as we can!

With me waiting to get off crutches from surgery and our school having a large construction project, we will have a little less time to collect.

At the end of the project, the kids get to take all of the postcards home to keep! (I have past students who still have their postcards and talk about our project!) We do have a Facebook Page Mrs. Ovsak’s Kindergarten Postcard Project

*If you heard about this project from someone sharing it, add their name
*You can also include a fun fact about your location or even say good luck!
*We will collect until the week before Memorial Day!

A HUGE thank you in advance for helping my kindergarten class out!

Our address is

Heidi Ovsak
808 Woodland Ave
Barron, WI 54812
United States of America

I mail postcards to this school every year (I only know the teacher from Facebook) and thought some of you would want to mail them postcards also.

20 Likes

Sending postcards from NM and several other states today.

4 Likes

Cards going out on Monday!
I LOVE these projects! I did one for a kindergarten in Taiwan a couple of months ago and it was great fun!

2 Likes

I’ve just sent one from Australia :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, I’ll send from Florida and Nicaragua.

2 Likes

I’ll send from England, UK

2 Likes

Sending one from Tennessee =) this project is absolutely sweet for your students

4 Likes

Sending one from Yokohama, Japan :japan:
Thanks for letting me know :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Send one from the Netherlands.:mailbox_with_mail::postbox:

3 Likes

I’ll send one from Germany. :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ll send a one from Massachusetts

2 Likes

Nice!!
But one question… When is Memorial Day?

6 Likes

Memorial Day is a U.S. holiday on the last Monday of May, this year May 30.

2 Likes

I’ll send one from Northern Germany, thanks for sharing it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ll send one from Hong Kong. :hong_kong:

2 Likes

How cool! I’m sending one from Italy, I hope it makes it on time!

2 Likes

I will send a card from Brazil

2 Likes