Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

Received today:

Woopy Goldberg card from @AnitaGrace

Thank you!
Summer is almost over but we still have some fun spread :slight_smile:

Old steam ship card from @moneill

We stayed once in a boat house in Amsterdam, and now we are planning a night in a boat hotel in Bratislava.

Retro Sailing Ships card from @Belhilda for my tall ships collection. Thank you!

3 Likes

Received from @helloleah. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Thank you @garvey . Received

1 Like

It’s been a chaotic first week of (home)school, so my cards will all be sent out first thing on Monday!

Today my mailbox was quite happy - I received cards from @garvey (another Harry Potter one!:smiley: ), @Belhilda (29 tomato plants?? What were you thinking??), and @AnitaGrace (so glad you’ve gotten lots of outside time this summer! I have as well). Thank you for the lovely cards!

3 Likes

Received a delightfully macabre card from @scotgirl … I hope you had a great holiday with your family, that your birthday was birthday and that the weather behaved itself throughout!

1 Like

Received from @Belhilda, Blur “parklife” - my first Royal Mail album cover stamp card, thanks so much, Ange! I’m definitely with you on the Blur vs. Oasis debate - “There’s No Other Way”!

Received from @garvey, a new travel poster card, South Dakota’s Mt. Rushmore - thanks Alexander, I hope to get west to see it someday (can it be seen from Edwin, @farmgirll? LOL)

3 Likes

Received from @EvanK, a couple of sweet postcards with messages, plus three (3!) delicious-smelling tea samples tucked away in a super-cute tiger envelope.

Thank you, Evan – looking forward to trying all the tea (I love fennel BTW), and I hope you had both a great BBQ birthday lunch and a fabulously successful Tuesday thrifting excursion! P.S. Your card & tea samples will be coming to you this week :wink:

1 Like

Three great cards were in my mailbox on Friday!

@helloleah27
Thanks for the howling wolf card! I’ve sent this card out myself, admiring it’s beauty, so I’m happy that now I’ve finally received it to keep! Glad your daughter’s wedding was a success.

@farmgirll
The Women in Science set is great! I love that all these interesting women are zipping around the world in postcard form now. We often have snow by Halloween here too. I lived a bit further north as a child and my mom would make our Halloween costumes every year, leaving ample room for a snowsuit underneath! Thank you

@OrdinaryLion
Another excellent Women in Science card and an even more excellent list of book suggestions. I read a lot more in the winter then the summer so I’m always happy to have ideas on what to read. Thanks a lot!

3 Likes

Good morning.
A couple cards in this week to report:

@JasonDavid sent some nice vintage cards from near and far and a cute bookmark!

@garvey sent a fabulous view of the Peterborough lift lock - very interesting!

@SCOTGIRL sent a view from Turkey.

Thanks everyone!!

1 Like

Jason this came up in todays memories from 3 years ago. Its a 12 hour drive and you pass Rugdy!! : )

1 Like

@JasonDavid thanks Jason for the great cards.
I took the 2 " youngest" to see Mt Rushmore. Summernpassed by fast. Wheat crop is off and we are onto canola!! Have a good weekend.
Crystal

2 Likes

Forgot to mention, all my cards have gone out for the September RR :two_hearts:

1 Like

All cards for September are leaving tomorrow!

1 Like

Received lovely postcard from @moneill - thank you! And congrats on finishing your painting. I’ve been plastering and painting in my basement as well this summer. Yours is the 100th postcard I have received since joining PostCrossing (-:

And thank you @garvey for the cute cat postcard - and many happy returns to your cat! 16 years is very impressive.

1 Like

Received:
From @OrdinaryLion - Munch’s Scream. Thank you!

From @SCOTGIRL temple in Turkey. Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good morning.
My last two envelopes were mailed yesterday.

Thanks and have a great week everyone.

1 Like

:writing_hand: OCTOBER IS NOW OPEN FOR SIGNING UP! :mailbox_with_mail:

Big mail day!
From @SCOTGIRL, the mile zero marker of the Alaska Highway, thanks Margaret! I’ve been on it in the Yukon, but not BC.

From @evank a colourful Montana map, plus a rather oddly dressed bike rider. Plus a Vancouver Island trail map, stickers, and someone’s boarding pass to Rome from 2016?! Thanks Evan! I think you do postcrossing as a decluttering initiative! :rofl:

From @OrdinaryLion a great and peaceful view from Banff, thanks Autumn! I really like this series of cards; I may have to get some to send myself!

My neighbour at 488 (not 448) received an awesome threshing scene from @farmgirll and was kind enough to re-deliver it! :rofl: Thanks a lot, Crystal! I haven’t yet figured out where Leverton is, any idea?

2 Likes

@JasonDavid thank your neighbor for me! I will have to be more careful. Oops.

Im so glad that card got to you!! I believe leverton is in th UK. I was thrifting again!! I was excited to find it for you.

Have a good week. Crystal

Thank you🌻 @AnitaGrace for a stamp card for my collection! I loved giving my daughters bedroom makeovers…fun!
Thank you🌻 @moneill . My hubby’s family from Saskatchewan…weyburn!..greetings from Vancouver…where we have mountains​:rofl::rofl:
Thank you🌻 @farmgirll …no I don’t have it!! Great keep calm.
Thank you🌻 @doryfera for the lovely angel. Great addition to my collection :woman_fairy:I LOVE thrift shopping!!!
Thank you🌻 @JasonDavid for the pretty card. Cute wee dog sticker🐶
Thank you🌻 @OrdinaryLion for the funny one! I Turtley love to read too! Thank you for the birthday wishes!! At the moment I’m reading…The other side of the wall by Andrea Mara

3 Likes