Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

Cute wee elves from @faithjohnson .
Very cute!!
What do I miss most about Scotland…my sister🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
What do I love most about Canada?.. Mmmmm that’s a hard one at moment!!.. Been to all provinces except PEI…Nova Scotia…one day. Thank you very much

1 Like

This concludes all August cards. Thank you very much everyone!:m::hibiscus:

1 Like

The festival was absolutely great :slight_smile:

Received the following for August:

@helloleah27 thank you for the birthday card and washi! Wow the washi was a perfect fit haha! I’ve also noticed there’s quite a lot of August birthday! I hope you had fun to and in Vancouver

@LaurenceB thank you for the birthday card and all these stamps! I actually haven’t had a cupcake in a while and now I’m craving for one! I don’t think I have a birthday tradition actually, but lately I do collect all the free birthday drinks I could from the places that offer haha

@faithjohnson thank you for the trash card and the birthday wishes. Super power… I’d love to have all the languages under my belt on the native level!

@SCOTGIRL thank you for the birthday card! Wow so many August birthdays. Happy birthday to your entire family

@farmgirll thank you for the birthday card! I too love flowers but this year we havent had any flowers blooming in the garden. Not just our house but almost the entire neighbourhood/city. It was quite weird!

@tinkerstorm thank you for the train card! Roy Thomson Hall! Wow a place I haven’t heard since high school. I hope you had an amazing time!

@evank thank you for your envelope of goodies! Happy birthday to you today! I hope you had an amazing one. I definitely did get my Starbucks freebie! Not yet on that Sephora though haha

3 Likes

@doryfera

Hi julia thanks for the Victoria map card.
We got to visit a few years back with our friends.
Ofcourse i found the horse drawn carriages haha. Great city. Thanks Crystal

@helloleah27
Thanks for the card !! I love peas and tuna yum yum. I also enjoyed Yellowstone!! That Beth!! Shes something!! Im looking forward to the next season in November. You?
Cheers Crystal

2 Likes

Good evening!
Just back from vacation and will get caught up on cards received in the next day or two.

First two are :
From @garvey - an egret on the water and
From @suatelier a lovely birthday card - belated Happy birthday to you!

Thank you both!

3 Likes

Some lovely cards in the mailbox!

@faithjohnson, thank you for the gorgeous card of the inukshuk. I really like inukshuk, but had never seen one silhouetted against blue water before! It’s very striking! I hope you do get a chance to visit B.C. someday. I grew up in Ontario and would like to visit it again before long; it’s been too many years since I’ve been back!

@tinkerstorm, I love the Celestial Buddha mandala card you sent me. Thank you! It is indeed beautiful and very meditative. I’m glad that you find mindfulness exercise helpful. Meditation is indeed continuous learning; it goes very deep, even though it seems so simple: just being present. Thanks again :slight_smile:

@laurenceb, thank you for your Miyajima landscape card with its striking vermilion torii. Yes, I do love it, so iconic and beautiful! Thank you also for your kind well wishes, I wish you safety, too :slight_smile: Oh, I liked the little Japanese sticker so much – I am sure you know it depicts an omamori, a Japanese amulet that you can get at Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples. Omamori are very cute, and I have a small collection of them! One question, what is your new favorite pen for postcards? It writes very neatly!

@suatelier, thank you for your “YIKES” card which is both beautiful and made me laugh :slight_smile: Glad to meet another tea / fountain pen fancier! Oh yes, FPs are such a rabbit hole… I use a phone app called Stash Star Pen to track both my pens and what ink I have in each. It’s that “bad”! My fave pen, well it’s really a very old Waterman w F gold nib that I inherited from my mother; but my daily carry right now is a Kaweco Sport Brass (or is it Brass Sport? I can never remember…) with F nib. It is so tough that it can even withstand what’s in my purse :laughing: Thanks for sharing your enthusiasms with me!

4 Likes

Please count me in for September RR

1 Like

Received for August RR, sorry for delay in acknowledging :

A beautiful Cricut lion and a postcard of horses in a yellow field - thanks @farmgirll

A smorgasbord of birthday presents to choose from in the pantry cupboard - so many excellent choices - thank you @LaurenceB

A neat Zen postcard and some lovely decorations - thank you @tinkerstorm

@doryfera gets the prize for an envelope full of thoughtful goodies, thank you so much. I’m inspired by how well you’re weathering the Renos!

@faithjohnson sent a nice postcard with a super scenic view from Montreal and some tea, thank you! Current favorite is a toasted coconut almond bark from the States, black tea and so delish!

@helloleah27 sent a fun envelope with two very colourful fun cards, so much colour and so impeccably decorated - I wish I had your touch! Thank you very much.

4 Likes

I’d like to be part of the September RR, please!

1 Like

Received a Wood Duck card from @faithjohnson. Than you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve reported August cards from @helloleah27 and @tinkerstorm on August 16. So as for today I’ve received all August cards

1 Like

Last of August cards. Thank you to @doryfera for the Victoria card and for teaching me how to write my name and yours in Irish Gaelic!

1 Like

Hi Deshanta @tinkerstorm thank you for the postcard …I love those Postcrossing postcards… they are so fun… I always want to order those but I never get around to it!! How nice for your friends wedding… :south_africa:I hope all went well with that… I hope you are having a great summer…

2 Likes

Hi Julia @doryfera yes I definitely love the kitschy old postcards…and same… my toothbrush is orange!! But my hygienist doesn’t offer me a variety…you get what you get!!..lol… which is good for me because I am the most indecisive person on the planet!! I hope you are having a great summer…

L

2 Likes

Please include me in RR for September :blush:

L

1 Like

Hi Faith @faithjohnson Thank you for the cute postcard…I’ve hardly gotten any sleep lately between working nights and my daughters upcoming wedding…and so the alien ?¿ on the front looks so peaceful laying in his bed…lucky little guy…let’s see to answer some questions … I don’t really watch tv…but I do watch Bob’s Burgers on YouTube or listen to true crime podcasts (Someone knows Something).
It’s so funny that you say you are a procrastinator and you are indecisive…I literally just asked my daughter a few minutes ago if I was a procrastinator and she said “yes but an indecisive procrastinator”….lol!!!
I think my favorite color is pink…but i also love robins egg blue…Pizza or tacos?? that’s a tough one especially for an indecisive procrastinator…lol…but since it’s a crucial question…I’ll say pizza!’:grimacing:

Take care

L

2 Likes

Indecisive procrastinators unite!…maybe.
I can definitely relate to the lack of sleep! My daughter (13 months) had me up EIGHT TIMES the other night! We’re working on sleep training :sweat_smile:
Take care!

3 Likes

Yesterday I received a beautiful vintage fashion inspired Vogue postcard from @doryfera! I’ve now received all my cards for this month, thank you everyone!

2 Likes

I’ve also received all my cards for August. Thank you, everyone!

1 Like