Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

Hi Crystal @farmgirll thank you for the postcard of the cute snow covered owl and I love the big deer sticker… so fun…so nice that you got to visit your family before Christmas…awww and the cute little moose with the Santa hat… Happy Holidays and all the best in 2022 to you and your family… Yay!! Winnipeg Blue Bombers :football: 2021!!:tada:

1 Like

Thank you @evank for your lovely bundle of cards - one of Alexandria, one of London, one of Munich, and one of a cute cartoon cat. A perfect weekend would mean lots of relaxation time for me - maybe with a good book or some ice cream! I actually have been to both London and Munich before, back when I was living in France, and I really liked my trips there.

As for the Whitecaps, I must admit that I’m not too big of a sports fan. My dad was all about the Canucks growing up so I spent a lot more time watching hockey.

2 Likes

Hi Kelly @AlbertaGirl71 thank you so much for the beautiful postcard of the Rockies… my favorite place to be… I try to go there at least 4 times a year as it’s only 3.5 hour drive…yes we are very lucky to live so close to such a wonderful place… I agree… I’ve never been on the boat cruise at Maligne Lake… but I think I might look into it too… I also love all the souvenir shops…lately that’s all I look for too… is postcards… I hope you and your family have a great holiday season and the best in 2022!! It’s going to be a better year🍀. L

2 Likes

Hi @jasondavid, and thank you for the Tiffany lamp card! It’s the first one that I’ve ever received. It’s a kind of weird request for a profile I know, but I thought Tiffany lamps fit well with my name - though Tiffany is my first name and Tiffany was the last name of Louis Comfort Tiffany.

I’ll have to look up those books. I’ve never read a graphic memoir before but I’m intrigued by the concept!

1 Like

Thank you @simplyrubies for a cute :bear: bush card. I do love a good curry too, do you ever go to Fujiya on Clark? Yellow curry is an excellent choice from Thai restaurants!

Cheers,
Evan

1 Like

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year. Thank you all for being part of 2021.

I won’t be joining the January RR as we are hoping going to Mexico : ) I’ll be back for February and write them up on the beach!!! I will mail them from Canada as I have yet to recieve on I’ve sent from there yet haha.

Cheers Crystal

2 Likes

@AlbertaGirl71
Thanks Kelly for the cute Christmas cards.

I hope you finishes your Christmas ornaments in time.
I have one more cricut cut to do tomorrow for a friend!!!
Merry Christmas Crystal

2 Likes

Thank you @evank for a great envelope of cards - Alexandria lighthouse, aerial view of Looe, Cornwall, and Dunrobin Castle in Scotland!
I don’t know my mail carrier either, but it’s not always the same person. They usually come around 10 in the morning though, so even if I don’t hear them open and close the box, I check around 11 anyway to see if they brought anything!

1 Like

Received an awesome handmade card from @helloleah27. Thank you, it’s so pretty!

1 Like

Not the one on Clark no - I used to go to the Fujiya in Richmond, before it shut down. I think it’s a Japanese BBQ restaurant now.

Received a Monet painting card from @AlbertaGirl71. Thank you!
It’s so strange to see Monet’s painting which was created before impressionism.

1 Like

Please sign me in for January RR

1 Like

Monthly RR Canadian Edition – December 2021

Thank you to @AlbertaGirl71 for the friendly message and the postcard featuring a wintery landscape, but no caption!

Now I’m curious to know just where in the world is this landscape from. I’m also curious to see if any of our local thrift stores carry postcards!

1 Like

Also received a snowy valley card from @AlbertaGirl71. It’s beautiful, thanks! It’s amazing the treasures you can find at thrift stores :blush:

1 Like

I’d like to join the January RR - thanks!

1 Like

Sorry for off-topic:

New group is open for registration in Canadian Travelling Envelope Canadian Travelling Envelope - #2 by garvey

1 Like

Received from @AlbertaGirl71, a great card of the Grouard-Peace River Trail, which is part of the Trans-Canada Trail network. The Trans-Canada trail goes right through Ottawa, along the Ottawa River - I bike and run on it often. So presumably if I just head west along it, I would eventually reach Grouard! Thanks a lot, Kelly!

I’m in for January.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

1 Like

Received yesterday fr @AlbertaGirl71 a card from banff National park. Thanks for this, sounds like a great channel you were listening to. Wonder if you like Michael Buble? He’s a home grown talent from this side of the country! :slight_smile:

Happy holidays!

2 Likes

Thank you @AlbertaGirl71 for your Harry Potter card! Such a fun idea to watch the books and then the movies right after. I’ve never done that before either - I have all the books and all the movies on DVD, but it’s been some time since I read or watched any of them.

2 Likes

Hi Evan @evank … thank you so much for the postcards and the picture postcard… and I love that you wrote on all 3… I never did see the movie Sing… but my daughters did and thought it was cute…I think I like squirrels better because I love the big fluffy tail and all the different colours…I was in Ontario in October and I saw black squirrels there!! I have never seen those before… fun!! And the eagle picture/postcard is so beautiful… I like hiking… birdwatching I’ve never tried… but probably interesting too!!
I hope you have a great holiday season with your family and all good things in 2022!! :tada::sparkles:

1 Like