Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

Anyone interested in getting some cards, for World Postcard Day, with the official Postcrossing selected image, I have about 45 extras at 0.20/ea. plus postage to send them to you.

If you’re interested let me know ASAP, please. Simply comment below with how many you’d like, thanks! Remember, I have 45 of them left so FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE.

THIS OFFER IS VALID NOW _ IF YOU WANT CARDS DO IT NOW!

1 Like

Hello @Stinkypaw. I will take ten (10) World Postcard Day postcards please if they are still available.

The first postcard from the September 2023 group arrived. It’s a portrait of a boy scout rescuing a girl and cat by American artist Norman Rockwell. I also appreciate the thoughts about the Edmonton Fringe Festival, as it reminded me of my volunteering with Vancouver’s Fringe Festival. Thank you @moneill.

1 Like

A nice surprise today I received a a postcard from @debbiemilly! :slight_smile:

A cottage by the sea sounds nice. Thanks for sharing! I would live life traveling. Go to a new city every week or if I like one stay till I get bored. Be a tourist every time, every where, live in hotels or resorts. :slight_smile: LOL I have unlimited $$ right lol. Only in my dreams.

2 Likes

All my September cards have been mailed!

2 Likes

Received:
Antique cars museum card from @debbiemilly, thank you. Actually this summer was almost perfect. Maybe August and July could be a bit warmer :).
Tiger card from @savitame. Thank :). Yes this card is new for my collection of Wild Cats.

2 Likes

All my September cards are sent on Friday

3 Likes

Received my first September card from an almost-neighbor: @debbiemilly ! It is indeed wonderful to receive a card from someone closeby! Thank you for the beautiful vintage Rothenburg card! We did swim a lot in our pool the last week!

2 Likes

Glad you received it and liked it😊 it’s funny how the weather has shifted lately!

1 Like

Thank you @savitame @moneill @mezzanine2
I received all your cards and they are amazing!! I am in love with the ferries stamp, been trying to get my hand on that one @mezzanine2 .

@savitame thank you for putting all those beautiful stamps! Gorgeous postcard

@moneill , truly beautiful postcard, love the washi tape, so elegant!

Thank you aĺl​:postbox::heart:

2 Likes

Hello! All the following have been mailed! :relaxed:

1-debbiemilly
2-farmgirll
3-JasonDavid
4-LaurenceB
5-moneill
6-AnitaGrace
7-savitame
8-garvey
9-helloleah27
10-mezzanine2

3 Likes

From @savitame, the early days of the Eiffel Tower, and an amazing array of vintage stamps, thanks Savita! Hope school is off to a good start!

From @moneill, two of the neat early 1970s pre-stamped cards - Place des Arts in Montreal, and the Shakespearean Theatre in Stratford - plus homemade stamp jewellery, wow, very impressive, thanks a lot, Meghan! Glad you enjoyed your trip to Quebec City. I’m hoping to get up north for work next month.

My cards are all on the way.

3 Likes

Thank you @moneill for the Norman Rockwell card - he had such a recognizable style. I haven’t done a Fringe festival in far too long!

Thank you @debbiemilly for the PEI rug hooking card. I used to do a bit of latch hooking. Cool that you’ve taken that up.

And thanks @JasonDavid for the two bird cards. I saw quite a few tits when I was in Scotland - they act just like our chickadees.

3 Likes

From @mezzanine2, the World Postcard Day card for 2023, thanks John! Always appreciate your thoughtful and honest messages. I didn’t run across too many picky profiles when sending official cards (which I very seldom do now), but still I like that the forum is only semi-random re. who you trade with and tag.

From @farmgirll, a great photo of Nebraska potato pickers in1942, from the Legacy of the Plains Museum in that state. Awesome, thanks Crystal! Hope you were able to get the :skunk: smell off poor Bruce the :dog2:!!

From @garvey, a beautiful early autumn view of Cape Breton Highlands National Park, thanks Alexander! Glad you enjoyed your Cabot Trail drive (and the museum on the island).

3 Likes

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Here are my responses to the CAD RR SEPT postcards that have arrived. Happy Postcrossing to all!

@savitame Thank you so much for your kitten postcard! I will forever be referring to my cats as my kindle/clowder! (I love it so much because I am actually a big fan of the Kindle app as well! It’s the only way that I can read full books lol) Your words are so lovely as well. This made me want to order take out and watch tv! (The perfect night in my opinion) And last but not least thank you so much for the absolutely GORGEOUS stamps!!! This postcard was overall perfect with kittens and fishies/marine stamps!

@moneill Oh my goodness this postcard is so artistic and gorgeous! Thank you so much for choosing this postcard for me, I got the perfect nostalgia feeling of visiting aquariums with my grandparents! My eyes were always glued to the stage whenever there were marine performances happening. I hope your friend succeeds in her aquascaping! I love watching videos on different themes and materials used to make aquariums beautiful! Thank you for using a beautiful bee stamp! Bees are my favorite, they are so cute! (especially the chunky ones hehe)

@mezzanine2 Hello! Thanks so much for sending me my first ever WPD 2023 postcard! Out of the few that I’ve seen so far online I think this one is my favorite! It is so imaginative and creative, I’m so so happy to have received it. I am hoping to participate on WPD this year! I’m so glad I joined Postcrossing before then! Thanks for the reminder! And thank you for the newest edition of Ferry stamps! I will make sure to add them to my list of ones to order.

@debbiemilly Thanks for the great forest postcard! I could almost hear the running water and birds tweeting within the trees! The different color of leaves brought such joy to my heart! Back in the High Desert of California all we had was dry tumbleweeds and Joshua trees. Which of course although beautiful in their own way, they aren’t as pretty as the trees here! Thank you so much for this refreshing lush postcard! (What a perfect match with the floral stamp! I recently was able to use this stamp as well, so happy to receive it in return)

@AnitaGrace This postcard is absolutely magical!!! When my husband used to work for the school I was able to receive one of my favorite childhood books “When The Root Children Wake Up” and this postcard reminded me of that! Both have such beautiful artwork. Thank you for sharing this with me! Your weekend sounded absolutely perfect! Nothing is better than getting out there and going for a refreshing hike! I can’t wait to try my hand at canoeing someday as well. Every time my husband and I go hiking I can’t help but daydream about all the magical creatures that might be hiding around us.

@garvey Hello! Thank you for the Fantastic! Postcard! I have not had the pleasure of visiting the ROM yet, thank you for telling me about it so I can visit it soon with my husband! This film was my absolute favorite, I don’t know much about the Harry Potter series, or about much else in the franchise but the first movie I ever saw in regards to HP was actually “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” so thanks so much! What a wonderful stamp to pair with it as well, thank you for sending them to me!

@JasonDavid Wow! I was absolutely intrigued to hear about your marine adventures! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences! I could only dream of being able to do that someday! As a child I always dreamed of becoming a marine biologist. The scientific fish illustration is just awesome! I will definitely be treasuring this card and sharing it with our fish! (It’s time for a science lesson!) Haha Thank you for sharing those fishie stickers as well, I love them so much! I’m so happy to see a stamp I’ve never seen/received before! What a lovely stamp!

@farmgirll Thank you for the beautiful Celebrate Canada postcard! I can’t wait to see and learn more about this beautiful country. WOW, your friend is so creative and talented!! I just finished viewing her website, if I may, is there a way to order prints? They make such great postcards! I absolutely love how you decorated it to a Fall theme! I’ll have to order some Fall washi and stickers so I can decorate my postcards accordingly. Thank you so much for writing to me!

5 Likes

The second postcard arrived on Tuesday.

On the front, the Moulin Rouge Nightclub in Paris in sepia tones. On the back, a friendly, reflective message with a riotous selection of stamps.

I enjoy pumpkin spice, but finding the seasons are accelerating. I visited a Costco in late August, and found it surprising that Lindt Chocolates were being sold in Christmas holiday packaging!

Thank you @savitame for the postcard!

1 Like

Two cards received today!

Thanks @mezzanine2 for this year’s World Postcard Day winner! Very nice design they ultimately went with. Sound like an interesting volunteer position you have and a good way to see unique movies.

Thanks @savitame for the view of London and the many interesting stamps! I had a lazy Labour Day weekend too. Space to recharge is important :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

From @LaurenceB, a vintage National Museum of Science and Technology card of the Silver Dart, which made the first powered flight in Canada, in 1909. Love it (especially the detail of the skater following the plane) thanks Laurence! Hope you found - or maybe discarded - some treasures at the garage sale!

2 Likes

Received:
World Postcard Day card from @mezzanine2. Thank you

Louisbourg Fortress card from @moneill, thank you! We were at this exact place ten weeks ago :slight_smile:

Vintage Parliament Hill Guards card from @LaurenceB, thanks :slight_smile: I wasn’t lucky to find cards for my collections in FLea markets :frowning:

Painting with Tall Ships for my collection from @JasonDavid - thanks a lot! I wish your children a good year in school :slight_smile:

August and September cards from @farmgirll - thanks, Crystal!. We are catching warm days and running on weekends to different places and events: a good way to relax after job week in our opinion.

Great cards from @Kitxel - including a vintage police card for my collection - thank you very much! I am trying to keep my albums - both collections and swap - updated, it helps me in many ways. And it took years to come to the current system.

4 Likes

@farmgirll and @LaurenceB A cery huge thank you for the beautiful Covered bridge postcards! I love them and appreciate the time you took to send me something i love :blush::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:thank you

1 Like

Arrived in Wednesday’s mail today – a postcard image by Esmaa Mohamoud. I do like the Denys Arcand stamp. Thank you @garvey.

1 Like