💌 Month of letters - Postcrossing challenge - February 2024

The Month of Letters 2024 challenge starts in a few weeks!
What? A month of letters?! Did you know that challenge?

Here are the rules, rather informal since the first personal Month of Letters challenge :

• During the month of February, mail at least one item through the post every day. Write a postcard, a letter, send a picture or a cutting from a newspaper… anything goes!
  • Write back to everyone who writes to you. This can count as one of your mailed items.

Simple, right? The idea is to have fun, write to someone, share the happiness of receiving a letter or a postcard, so… go for it… !

This will be my first year participating. I hope lots of Postcrossers will join me.
After all, it’s always nice to have an excuse to send a bit more mail!

People do like to get mail!

You are invited to participate in this fun mail month! And we can support each other and share about our matches on this topic.
To officially participate, you must also register here !

Here are some ideas to help you get started:

• Birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine’s Day, Family’s Day (in Canada) … any day that you can send a bit of especially happy mail.
  • Thank a Mail Carrier Day – February 4, 2024. Now there’s a person who will be exceptionally happy to get mail from you! Maybe a nice thank you note and/or a gift certificate for a cup of coffee?
  • Send a Card to a Friend Day - February 7, 2024. Send your pal a card or a letter that will put a smile on their face and a laugh deep in their belly. Let spread the love and warm sentiment to everyone :slight_smile:
    *Valentines Day - February 14, 2024. Why not send a hug to a good friend, familymember or another loved one?
  • Random Acts of Kindness Day - February 17, 2024. Haven’t mailed someone in a while? Today is the day! Maybe you can really make someone’s day through a postcard.
  • Love Your Pet Day - February 20, 2024 . Do you have a pet that you adore? Take advantage of this day and write to someone how much you love and care your pet.
  • International Mother Language Day - February 21, 2024 . What do you think of the idea of writing a postcard in your mother tongue to someone?
  • Carnival / Shrove Tuesday - February 21, 2024 . Do you celebrate Carnival in your country? Do you usually mask up? What are your traditions? Spread them with the world.
  • Does your country have a special holiday in February? Take advantage of your free day to present that day to someone.
  • Check out holiday calendars such as HolidaySmart where you can find all sorts of interesting holidays to celebrate with someone. So many Postcrossing possibilities!

Please share other ideas here so we can all tap into creative, interesting, and fun ways to check off each day of February with one piece of mail.

And don’t worry if your postal service doesn’t pick up mail on a weekend or on a holiday. Just write your letters or postcards on mail days. Or, if you want to go all out for 29 days, mail them the next day that mail service operates. You’re still covered … ! :wink:

Looking forward to hearing from those who decide to participate.

Please share some of the ways you are celebrating the Month of Letters, how your month is going, and we’d love to read about the Happy Mail that you receive - and send!

Let’s do this!!!
:hugs: :heart_eyes_cat:

:copyright: this post was adapted from @ogait [Month of Letters – Postcrossing Challenge – February 2023]
Thank you :hugs:

31 Likes

@LiveLaughLoveLeafs @wurzelsofie @Crystalinne
Are you up for this?
:hugs: :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I started doing Letter Month last year and it was such a blast! I even signed up to LetterMo’s website and I’m still sending letters to pen pals I found there!

3 Likes

Here’s the link!
https://lettermo.com/

4 Likes

I’ll be participating in LetterMo 2024 and have made some wonderful pen friends from taking part in the challenge in the past few years! I like the extra mail day that we’ll have with '24 being a leap year!

5 Likes

How fun!! I would love 2!

1 Like

Sounds like fun! I’ve requested membership.

2 Likes

I have not managed to finish the challenge of once yet, but I dedicated more time to writing letters and cards and it was fun, so I am in too

2 Likes

I am not signing up for the website, as I have penpals outside Postcrossing and penpals through Postcrossing.
And I will combine this with participating in RR and sending official cards on the Postcrossing website.

1 Like

I do LoveforourElders.org and MoreLoveLetters.com each month - another great avenue for your February writing! No registration needed. It’s North America based, but anyone can participate!

7 Likes

I love writing letters!

2 Likes

I do InCoWriMo (International Correspondence Writing Month) in February.
Same concept, with a different name

If I recall correctly, it takes its name in homage to NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month

incowrimo.org

8 Likes

I’ve participated in LetterMo for the past 2 years and have met some amazing postcard and letter pen pals - folks are open to exchanging or doing a one-off exchange. Here’s a blog post on the updated LetterMo website.

3 Likes

So glad you are continuing the Month of Letters challenge @JessBrab !
I so enjoyed this challenge since 2021, even hosted it one year, that I continue to write at least one postcard every single day. For three years, one card a day. Plus, some days I will write more than one. But the personal goal has been at least one per day. And I haven’t missed a single day since February 1, 2021!
I find tremendous personal meaning in sending someone a little bit of happy mail to brighten their day. Just thinking about someone else reduces the ‘noise’ from all that ails humans and this planet; thus, I feel good, too, while selecting and writing a card.

If there is any Ukrainian Postcrosser who would like to receive a card from me for February 2024 Month of Letters, please PM me. I will send you one.

14 Likes

Hi @JessBrab

Have opened a <29 cards lottery> for 2024 February wherein 29 random participants get 1 card posted each day starting from 1 to 29 February (https://community.postcrossing.com/t/29-cards-lottery/735746)

Thanks @HookedonPostcards for sharing the information about " Month of Letters 2024 challenge"

6 Likes

I think I signed up and already have 3 new pen friends. Thank you, I have always loved to write letters. My arthritis in my hands sometimes prevents me from writing too much so I will do my best. Thank you for sharing this.
Smiles from Florida, Pat

5 Likes

I think I’m going to try the challenge again this year! I always enjoy it, even if I haven’t quite managed to complete it the past couple of attempts.

Guess it’s time to start figuring out a list of mail to send and people to write to! :love_letter::thinking:

6 Likes

Lovely to see you doing this again @halflingstory. If you’re stuck for ideas, I have some. :wink:

3 Likes

I might take you up on that, thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m gonna try it this year :slight_smile:

5 Likes