The Month of Letters 2024 challenge starts in a few weeks!
What? A month of letters?! Did you know that challenge?
Here are the rules, rather informal since the first personal Month of Letters challenge :
- During the month of February, mail at least one item through the post every day. Write a postcard, a letter, send a picture or a cutting from a newspaper… anything goes!
- Write back to everyone who writes to you. This can count as one of your mailed items.
Simple, right? The idea is to have fun, write to someone, share the happiness of receiving a letter or a postcard, so… go for it… !
This will be my first year participating. I hope lots of Postcrossers will join me.
After all, it’s always nice to have an excuse to send a bit more mail!
You are invited to participate in this fun mail month! And we can support each other and share about our matches on this topic.
To officially participate, you must also register here !
Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine’s Day, Family’s Day (in Canada) … any day that you can send a bit of especially happy mail.
- Thank a Mail Carrier Day – February 4, 2024. Now there’s a person who will be exceptionally happy to get mail from you! Maybe a nice thank you note and/or a gift certificate for a cup of coffee?
- Send a Card to a Friend Day - February 7, 2024. Send your pal a card or a letter that will put a smile on their face and a laugh deep in their belly. Let spread the love and warm sentiment to everyone
*Valentines Day - February 14, 2024. Why not send a hug to a good friend, familymember or another loved one?
- Random Acts of Kindness Day - February 17, 2024. Haven’t mailed someone in a while? Today is the day! Maybe you can really make someone’s day through a postcard.
- Love Your Pet Day - February 20, 2024 . Do you have a pet that you adore? Take advantage of this day and write to someone how much you love and care your pet.
- International Mother Language Day - February 21, 2024 . What do you think of the idea of writing a postcard in your mother tongue to someone?
- Carnival / Shrove Tuesday - February 21, 2024 . Do you celebrate Carnival in your country? Do you usually mask up? What are your traditions? Spread them with the world.
- Does your country have a special holiday in February? Take advantage of your free day to present that day to someone.
- Check out holiday calendars such as HolidaySmart where you can find all sorts of interesting holidays to celebrate with someone. So many Postcrossing possibilities!
Please share other ideas here so we can all tap into creative, interesting, and fun ways to check off each day of February with one piece of mail.
And don’t worry if your postal service doesn’t pick up mail on a weekend or on a holiday. Just write your letters or postcards on mail days. Or, if you want to go all out for 29 days, mail them the next day that mail service operates. You’re still covered … !
Looking forward to hearing from those who decide to participate.
Please share some of the ways you are celebrating the Month of Letters, how your month is going, and we’d love to read about the Happy Mail that you receive - and send!
Let’s do this!!!
this post was adapted from @ogait [Month of Letters – Postcrossing Challenge – February 2023]