Month of Letters – Postcrossing Challenge – February 2023

Does anyone else find themself falling behind through the week, then catching up in one short burst on the weekend? I always end up with a stack to send out on Monday or Tuesday, but then don’t start writing again until Friday :sweat_smile:

Here’s my stacks from the past two weekends:

6 Likes

That’s why I like Sunday afternoons @halflingstory ! I can prepare for the week ahead. :writing_hand: :postcard: :wink:

3 Likes

Today being a special day, here are my cards: Tags, request and “Just because…” cards.
Going from Texas to… everywhere! :blush:

Happy Valentine’s to All :tulip:

7 Likes

Sitting at my desk, on a ridiculously warm 7C February afternoon, writing cards and letters for Month of Letters. The sun is gorgeous and I am enjoying a Moomins tea from @tiitinen and suddenly this joyful surprise.
Just wanted to share —

7 Likes

At first I did not understand where to get addresses and was upset that I had no one to send postcards to, and then I rubbed my eyes and found a forum! :laughing: It’s good that you can start even in mid-February!
Today I sent my first postcard in the month of letters and look what luck: I photographed a postcard with a postal car against the background of a postal car near the post office! Have a fun trip to Germany, little card!

Не понимаю, почему картинка перевернута и как это исправить :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I wonder if this counts as a Maxipic - Show Your Maxipics (Maximum Pictures) - #50 by MathieuC

Sending at least one postcard every day

I finally found my first letter in the postbox!

5 Likes

Keeping going… :rabbit2:

2 cards for today

4 Likes

Sending my 16th card for this year‘s “A month of letters” challenge
@LetterMonth
:love_letter:
To RUSSIA.
@postcrossing
Day 16/28

========
Received one UNESCO site postcard from Italy sent by Cristina.

My Blog-

2 Likes

“Sending my 17th card for this year‘s “A month of letters” challenge
@LetterMonth
:love_letter:
To AUSTRIA.
@postcrossing
Day 17/28

2 Likes

Didn’t quite manage 5 last week, but here’s what i did do

Three officials (now maxed out!) and a tag. Didnt manage a Postcard of Eternal Return, so I’ll try to two this week

5 Likes

I did send some everyday, except yesterday (Sunday), but I am working on them!
Here are the ones from last week:

4 Likes

right now I am at 15/24, I have a couple more I have to send to friends/online penpals, but no more postcrossing postcards I think, my ten slots were the first thing I sent, most went to Germany, and it seem it slowed down so much… so I added in some swaps, asked online friends if they wanted a postcard and similar things.

And now, I am going to send a magic item via snail mail to my D&D players, to do something unusual. I want to finish the quota this time!

3 Likes

Cards written on the weekend and going out through this week. Swaps. Officials. Friends. Penpal. RAS.
On track for sending daily mail.

4 Likes

20/24

I did the thing with the D&D magic items, I used two copies of the leftover from this swap, and three of these ones (I had stopped sending them, yes, even if they are vintage, it was lots of years ago), and I was thinking, for the last few I will keep hard until the last day, hoping to have slots freed by then, and now I opened the site and one card was registered! :partying_face:

1 Like

with these two I’m at 22/24, and that means I am on pair for the days!

one more monday, one more tuesday!

oh wait, saturdays are counted, so I am one day in advance!

2 Likes

So far everything is going surprisingly well – sadly just today and two more days left :sob:

I had two challenges for this February

1. To write at least one letter and one postcard every day – perfect on track for this :+1:t2:
  2. To send mail to 14 different countries – that did not work out, but never mind :woman_shrugging:t2:

Hope everyone else had fun :writing_hand:t2: and a full :mailbox_with_mail:

4 Likes

That Reading postcard is fantastic! It looks similar to my town, just to the South West!

last February batch, 25/24. Success!

3 Likes

Playing catchup! These five bring my total to 18 out of a goal of 20-24

Only received two myself this month, though I’m hoping my use of tags will pay dividends later

ETA: Slipping in just under the wire, one of my officials just arrived, so I pulled a new address

I also bought some new postcards today (various local scenery) but i dont know if I’ll have enough stamps! This month has completely wiped my stash out. Time to go to philatelylink!

4 Likes