Missent cards - the travel adventures cards don't tell (or sometimes do)

Few years ago I was waiting for about a month card from USA. It was from my regular swap friend and usually traveling was two weeks tops. I was getting a bit worried but well it happens and then the card arrived with a big missent to Taiwan mark. Clearly written Croatia in my address, nothing similar to Taiwan but I guess card wanted some traveling :grin:

5 Likes

Why don’t they do it like the cards from Korea and take Italy as aim? - See thread “Conquest of Italy”. It is not so hot there.

1 Like

It was handled by a reverse Google, this time turning ftom wrong to right!
You remember how Google translated your Nickname.

1 Like

Well, they weren’t literally stuck to each other. All three postcards were in a plastic bag, but since only the postcard addressed to me was visible, it was sent to me. I didn’t realize there were two other cards until I opened the plastic bag.

They’re clearly trying to avoid the crowds at the Fontana di Trevi.

2 Likes

Same! I sent 5 postcards with carefully chosen matching postage stamps from a regular Royal Mail postbox outside Dukes’s Hotel in Mayfair, London, England.

Not a single one arrived to their destinations for months! (destined for USA, France, Germany). When they finally arrived 6 months later, they all had a large, non-removable white label over the beautiful stamps, that showed they had all been routed to the Philippines! Also, the word “London” on the postcard had been blacked out with heavy marker.

Absolutely no idea why any of this happened, but I am grateful they eventually made it to their original destinations.

1 Like

Are you sure that your stamps were from Royal Mail?
Or did you buy stamps from Global Mail?
I remember that was a topic in the old forum saying that Global Mail has pretty stamps, cheaper than Royal Mail, sold in shops and that Royal Mail gives mail to Global Mail if there is a Global Mail stamp on it and Global Mail sends international mail via the Philippines for it is cheaper.
Royal Mail stamps show a profile of the young Queen Elisabeth II, was it on the stamps?

Edit:
I found the original thread in the old forum, it was started by ChristianJ: Postcrossing (Legacy) Forum - [UK] Universal Mail service

Edit: Universal Mail was the name of zhe cpmpany.

4 Likes

Oh! Thank you, @RalfH ! You have solved the mystery. They were apparently “Universal Mail” stamps sold to me in a shop along with the postcards. I had no idea they were treated differently.

They were similar to these:

1 Like

Omg :scream: I would’ve been anxious about them the whole time I’m glad they made it in the end.

Glad we got an explanation from RalfH too.

2 Likes

I once mailed a postcard home to the UK from New Zealand at the $2 postcard rate back in early 2015, it arrived eight weeks later with a Brunei - “incorrect postage paid/delayed in transit” postmark - the first time I had ever experienced or seen that, not seen one since. :thinking:

5 Likes

Once, a postcard I sent to Japan from the US arrived with a stamp saying it had been misrouted to Jamaica. That’s the only one I know of.

3 Likes

Anxious about postcards? You worry me!

2 Likes

Hehe. I must admit I am always concerned about what I send out. Every so often I think ‘has it arrived safely?’

1 Like

Hey, they are just postcards! Lovely ones, pretty ones, but still just postcards, not kids! :wink:
If someone is going to send kids by mail, I hope (s)he turns to a shrink before!

Could you imagine kids being lost and sent to other countries first?
‘It’s been 9 months and still no child!’

Not by mail! Please not!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Every postcard and mails I received from Bangladesh have all tagged as “Missent to Thailand”. This does not only happened to me as another one from the Philippines have all got “Missent to Thailand” from Bangladesh as well. Makes you wonder what’s going on with their postal service.

3 Likes

See it positive: You got a card from Bangladesh, a quite rare country!

Maybe their post gets routed? And then it ends up there? Since it’s not just you experiencing this.

Totally off topic but thank you for telling this. I’ve been wondering why it takes AGES to receive the cards with these stamps. Last two times when I’ve been in England I’ve used these stamps and the cards arrived to Finland after 1-2 months.

4 Likes