Melbourne - Lunar New Year Meet Up - Sunday 22 January 2023

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Melbourne
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Collins Place food court, 45 Collins St, Melbourne
:calendar: DATE: 22 January 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 2 - 4 pm

Hopefully this date suits most people, please let me know if you’d like to come but can’t make this date, and we can shift it if enough people prefer. The 22nd is the Lunar New Year holiday, but school holidays might make it tricky for some.

Collins Place , 45 Collins St Melbourne. Very close to Parliament Station, and the 11, 12, 35, 48 and 109 trams all stop close by.

Meet in the downstairs food hall.

CARD RAFFLE

Please bring along a couple of blank cards to add to our prize pool, and we will have a raffle amongst everyone who attends.

CARDS

There will be a meet up card available on the day, for the cost of printing (around 50 cents each, to be confirmed). No need to pre-order. I’ll update once the card design is finalised.

Anyone else is welcome to design and print a card as well - feel free to reach out for some advice if you want to have a go but need some starting hints.

UPDATES

Please be sure to check in here on the day of the meet up, in case we have to make any last minute changes.

RSVP

Please RSVP in the comments below or by message to me.

helent
koalapost
gabrand
x_steph_x
PekoPekoKuma
secondhandrose
hirusena
raissa2606
assakart
gigglygecko
haley_
erinny
jaeltentpeg11

maybe
missmelbourne
ribsandonionrings

5 Likes

Here’re the meet up cards (you would not believe how close I got to printing these saying 2022).

Please do not message me with swap requests!

If you want to swap for this card, please post in the thread with your offer, and any of our members who are interested can contact you.

Please check the postal monitor here to make sure Australia can send to your country and vice versa.

3 Likes

Hehe I’ll be there

1 Like

I’ll be there!

1 Like

Bulletin out showing new Year of the Bunny stamps :rabbit:

I’ll be there!

1 Like

see you guys then

1 Like

I’ll be there.

1 Like

I will be able to go at 3pm if that’s ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem @ribsandonionrings , will be nice to meet you.

Has everyone seen the big news?!

New international postcard/greeting card rate! Capped at $3.00!

(If you click through to the auspost site, you’ll see that greeting card definitely includes postcards).

5 Likes

I might need to print extra cards to celebrate…

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, this has made my YEAR!!
Please do print extra cards :joy:
I wonder if we’ll get some nice new $3 international stamps now…

2 Likes

I’ll be there. This will be my first meetup :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Wonderful @Hiru_Sena , we will see you in a couple of weeks.

Will you do a card too?

I’m paranoid that I read the news wrong - if you look at that other thread, there is a bit of contradiction on the auspost website. I’ve contacted them and hoping they can clarify reasonably quickly…

The website definitely isn’t clear, Jodie and I interpreted it differently to each other. I am crossing my fingers and choosing to believe it means what we want it to though! :joy: Let me know when you hear back from them.

I wasn’t going to do a card this time, I can’t draw and don’t have any photos of rabbits! Although if stamps are this cheap maybe I should haha.

2 Likes

Hello, I will be there!

2 Likes

Hi I’ll be there!

2 Likes

Hello and Happy New Year! I will be there - first time attending and one of the many benefits for having moved to Melbourne last year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I should be able to come :slight_smile: I’ll let you know a couple of days beforehand if I’ve made it down to melbs or not :sweat_smile:

1 Like